Spine and hip pain new diagnosis spondylitis and inflammatory arthropathy

Home Forums General Spine and hip pain new diagnosis spondylitis and inflammatory arthropathy

This topic contains 50 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kev76 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

lc
    Participant

Hi Kevin, I find heat and then put Tens machine on, then do some meditation for about 40 mins ,then after that go and do something to distract my mind from it like family tree as I can do that lying down or read, or do some colouring ect anything that keeps you focused and concentration on rather than keep thinking how much pain I’m in. then tomorrow is another day and hope it’s a better one. if not, do it all again just mix things up a bit, so I don’t feel to much like a robot. managed to have a swim today which was great while in there. but feeling it a bit now so off to have a lie down and read my book Fire and Blood its about 300 years before the game of thrones. getting quite stuck into it the last week or so. Hope your pain settles soon. take care and best wishes . Lee

mouse81
    Participant

Hi Kevin you need to see a rheumatologist to be given the injections I went to one hospital for years they never did a thing so o sort a second opinion at another hospital had another scan and I was granted the biological therapy which are the injections have a read about humira mine is a biosimilar AMGEVITA but they said they will change it if it doesn’t work lots of people say theses are life changing drugs so please don’t give up change hospital or ask docs to send you good luck mouse81

kev76
    Participant

Hi Lee,I read your blog it was really interesting and your art work is amazing.I have got a tens machine but it doesn’t really work to well for me.Thanks again for your lovely advice I really appreciate it.I hope u feel better soon.Take care Kevin.

kev76
    Participant

Hi mouse81,I am due to se the rheumatologist on the 4 June I will mention to them then I have had many injections Over the years I just don’t no what they were called.It would be nice to find a injection that works well so I can come of all this medication.Thank you for your advice take care Kevin

lc
    Participant

Hi Kevin, Thank you for that. when Helen gets the other one up you’ll see more of what I do. The Tens doesn’t take my pain away or make it better but masks the pain so my brain gets the buzzing and helps me focus away from pain rather than just pain . well its not for every one, we are all different otherwise it would be a boring world to live in.
    mouse81 is your injections a bit like using your own body blood ect mixed with another chemical to help you battle and help with pain with AS? as you mentioned bio something in an earlier post as I had something like that a number of years ago. but it wasn’t really working for me. Hope they have come a lot further since and it works well for you to lower pain levels.please keep us informed to whether it works for you. anyway take care and best wishes. Lee

kev76
    Participant

Hi Lee,I will let u no how I get on I have the pain clinic then the rheumatologist appointment only a few days after.Take care Kevin.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.