Spinal cord stimulator – questions

Home Forums General Spinal cord stimulator – questions

This topic contains 82 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  PaulT_99 13 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Sarah
    Participant

Hi Paul.
    Finally the Nevro is doing its job. New battery site has settled well. Bit awkward to charge, but as on low frequency every few days is enough.
    The rep appeared at pain clinic and reprogrammed again, for the first time the buzz has reached my feet. Still have pain at a almost manageable level in day. Nights still bad as ever. Just short of 1 year from implant!

PaulT_99
    Participant

Thas great to hear. Im just coming up to 1 yr post implant as well.
    Last night before bed i was actually in tears with pain. The pain was of the actual implant area. Jesus it hurt so bad.

Slept on my stomach all night and its much better this morning.

AVK
    Participant

Does anyone have either the pain nurse email address at St Thomas or the leaflet they gave out on the one day tech day that details what you will be able to do week by week after the full IMPLANT??

PaulT_99
    Participant

Hi AVK, the pain nurses email is on this thread, back a few pages.
    But you should not really email them unless you are a patient.

The SCS PDF is on the St. Thomas website under pain management.

You can pretty much do what ever you feel like right from Day. Just NO bending.
    I think you can start bending you back at about 4 weeks, but only a little bit.

I was back at work by week 8, sat at a desk. But be under no illusion, the operation is very hard on your body and recovery. You are having 2 separate operations within 2 weeks of each other.
    My second one was about 12 days after the trial. Thats the toughest physical experience ive ever been through.

AVK
    Participant

I’ve had my Scs now for 4 weeks but have yet to receive my card. I was also advised that the pain nurse would provide me with a letter to show at the airport but as yet nothing has been received.

Has anyone else had problems getting the documents to show you have the Scs implant or can give advice on how to get the card, many thanks

PaulT_99
    Participant

My Card was given to me before i checked out of Hospital. It is part of the kit included in the Nevro HF10 Box.
    Did they give you the whole box as well with the waist band, Notes, and a USB key with documents on it too.?

AVK
    Participant

I didn’t get the card. I was given the box with all the chargers but no card

PaulT_99
    Participant

AVK, you need to chase your hospital then.

Here in the UK you have to have a implant card. My dad has one for his pacemaker, and i have cards for both of my artificial hips too.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.