Sciatic Nerve Pain

Home Forums General Sciatic Nerve Pain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TRipple20
    Participant

Hi Guys

I read this article recently on Sciatic nerve pain, and I though it was really informative and wanted to share it with you guys.

Hopefully you may find it useful.

https://yourbackpainrelief.com/blogs/news/sciatic-nerve-pain-and-how-to-help-it

Lc
    Participant

Hi TRipple20, Firstly thanks for sending this article ,Yes This article is correct to a point and is very good and helpful for most people, also understand that it is best to keep moving/ exercising, but what they dont mention is if you have injured your lower back and you have protruding/ruptured disc/ discs pressing on the sciatic nerve ,if this is the case, then in my experience no exercise is going to relieve you of sciatic pain, so after exercising for 8- 16 weeks there is no improvement in pain then people should get it checked out, and sent for x-rays /scans ect. to see if the disc/discs are protruding/ruptured also if this is found and is quite large, again in my experience the only thing that is going to help relieve you of excruciating constant pain is surgery. but sadly most of us on here has failed back surgery and damaged nerves.from iether the surgery or being left to long for the nerve to recover.
    but some people after surgery do recover and go on back to their lives and work with no trouble, this is why I say its all a 50/50 chance to wether surgery is the best options and surgeons are reluctant to do surgery and is the last resort to be operated on unless really necessary. Sorry to sound a bit negative, but just being brutally honest and up front about it all.
    This is what this site is about I think people trying to get on with their lives by helping each other and learning to live and talking about our experiences ect,ect with persistent ongoing pain, and living with it, it does not mean thats it. we still have to a point a fulfilling meaning full life. Take care and best wishes,Lee

Eddie
    Participant

My experience is very much in line with LC’s- Having had two unsuccessful lower back ops, I’m left to manage chronic/acute lower back pain and sciatica. These conditions are now being exacerbated with a gradual loss of power in my legs. This causes me real fear and anxiety at times………

Lc
    Participant

Hi Eddie, Me too, I’ve had 2 lower back ops in one year and fractured/dislocated pelvis nerve damage/pain and with SI Joint problems arthritis in it all, so was paralyzed for a while but came back, but after 23 years of living with chronic pain , and walking with crutches can now only walk for about half hour at a push but pain levels go through the roof so use a self propelled wheel chair when I,m out longer than half hour which then I can manage most of the day. personally I dont worry about being in a wheelchair now, as long as I’ve still got my faculties and use of arms/hands so i can still do my art/craft work thats enough to keep me going and the love of family around you. in fact I’m better in the chair and causes less pain than struggling with crutches, but I understand where your coming from it took me about 4 years to finally admit to myself that I needed more help with my mobility and why put yourself through more pain struggling when there’s other ways to get out more and without increasing more pain than your already in. Take care and best wishes,Lee

Eddie
    Participant

Hi Lee. Apologies for late reply. Just want to say thanks very much for YOUR encouragement and for your support.

Eddie

Lc
    Participant

Hi Eddie, thats what this site is about, trying to help each other cope ect. as we all deal with things in different ways. and try and give new ways that we can try. take care and best wishes, Lee

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.