Problems with locker keys

Home Forums General Problems with locker keys

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Christine
    Participant

A hotel near me has a pool and jacuzzi that non-residents can use for a small fee. Last time I went there, which was the first time, I sprained my wrist trying to turn the locker key, and have never been back. I do have this problem with keys, and it puts me off visiting pools. It was ages ago, by the way.

You can’t guarantee that there will be someone else in the changing room that you can ask to help with the key. I think I could ask a member of staff to do it, or there might be a family changing room that I and my husband could both use, but he is very reluctant to do this, for some reason, though he did like the pool.

Would you feel embarrassed or silly asking the hotel staff? I do rather.

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine , what is wrong with your husband and you sharing a locker for which he can use and hold the key? If he won’t do this for whatever reason ,I don’t know why, as I would. then ask one of the staff and explain that you have trouble with your hands and could they do it for you. I would not feel embarrassed about it or silly, If you cannot do something then ask , no good struggling on your own if you have a medical reason why you cannot do a task,and miss out on something you enjoy and it helps you in some way.
    take care and best wishes. Lee

Christine
    Participant

I should have said that male and female changing rooms are separate, so I’d have to hand him my things in the corridor so that he could lock them away. But if there were family changing rooms, that would solve it. Perhaps he doesn’t really want to go!!

Christine

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Christine

Oh poor you with the locks, we have to lock our cabinets at work and I’m often bringing in my wd40 as I can struggle with them too. I’d never be afraid to ask for help, so I’d ask the staff for help, as a hotel they want to be recognised for their service levels, so I’d go for it! Have a word with them as you arrive, or go in advance and see what they say. If I’m struggling with anything, I’d never feel foolish or embarrassed, as I usually just have a little chuckle with them, and it’s good to be different, as life would be boring if we were all the same!

take care & best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine,That’s a shame that they don’t have family changing rooms. Ok so what is wrong with handing him your clothes in the corridor and him lock them away? I have done this loads of times with my wife while away on holiday or gone to a pool or spa. If I was you I would ask him straight and say Do you like coming to the pool and jacuzzi ,If he is not that interested, then I would try and find and plan a family member or friend,who would want to go instead, with you. I would not stop something that you obviously enjoy and like doing, also if it makes you feel better and breaks up your day. That’s the little things in life that we can do, and enjoy, that keeps us going in life. I love that sort of thing to be nice and warm It relaxes your body and muscles which in turn can lower your pain levels a bit. I hope you get things sorted out for you one way or another , Take care and best wishes. Lee

Christine
    Participant

I think perhaps part of the problem is that regular exercise has never been part of his life, whereas it has for me. But he does need to be more active.
    I’ll see if I can be persuasive.

Christine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.