Pillows

Home Forums General Pillows

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Christine
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a thin, flattish pillow? I know it’s a slightly odd question, but every new pillow I buy is too high/thick, and makes my neck hurt. I have a very sensitive neck. Memory foam doesn’t suit me.

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine, sorry but the only thing I can come up with is to buy a 1 inch thick piece of foam for seating and pillows from somewhere like Dunelm and make one yourself. if your able to or ask a friend to help you make one then you can cover it with what you like ie an old pillow case .then use other pillow case over that so you can change it when you want.that way you can shape it with an electric carving knife is best or a very sharp knife / scissors will do. Thats what I would do ,then you can get it to suit your needs. as I think you would struggle to get one that suits you.
    Just an idea , other than that try Amazon, Ebay or somewhere like that . take care and best wishes hope you manage to find or make one . Lee

Laura
    Participant

Hi Christine,

One thing I hate about staying anywhere but home is having a different pillow !

I take my own blow up pillow I bought on ebay so can inflate it as much or as little as I like depending on my neck pain levels.

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

This is not an odd problem at all! I know exactly what you mean. Many years ago I had a German pillow which had a zip and little balls of poly-something inside. You could take out as many of the little balls as you needed to make a flatter pillow, I think I took half out. I can’t remember where I bought it unfortunately.

However, I now buy a latex pillow online and get a local chap who does home furnishing to cut a horizontal slice about one and a half inches out of it, which suits me perfectly. So I have the latex support and the right level of comfort for me.

Maybe other members have some other easier ideas…

Jan at PainSupport

Christine
    Participant

Thanks for all the ideas. I also take my own pillows away with me!

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine, just looked on amazon and there is a adjustable pillow. Oakome bamboo memory foam bed pillow, it is made with shredded memory foam and you can take out as much as you want to make it firm or as soft as you like for £26.99 and free delivery

Christine
    Participant

Thanks, Lee, I’ll take a look.

Christine

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Christine

As you know I’m loving all things natural. This pillow appears expensive – but has amazing reviews which I love being able to read, so you can always see what others think – is adjustable, and appears to have lasted someone 10 years – so in the long run might work out economical…

https://www.thewoolroom.com/deluxe-washable-wool-pillow/

best wishes AnnieD

Christine
    Participant

Thanks, I will look at that one as well. I wonder if it would be hot, being wool? My mother had a wool duvet which she seemed to find not too warm. Adjustable pillows seem to be a new thing, a really good idea.

Christine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.