Physio for nerve pain

Home Forums General Physio for nerve pain

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lc 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Laura
    Participant

Hi all,

I saw my GP yesterday about the increase in my pain levels in both legs (from failed back surgery 10 years ago). My ability to walk has also decreased substantially and I’m finding sleeping very difficult. The only think my doctor suggested was physio (I’ve tried all the meds and none work for me).

Has anyone had this for nerve damage/pain? I’ve been countless times over the years for back pain and have to say it’s never improved my pain levels, in fact I’ve had to be very careful with what they ask me to do.But I’m not sure how does physio affect nerves?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

lc
    Participant

Hi Laura , Yes its called nerve flossing, where you bring knee up to 90 degrees then try and straighten leg as much as possible before it hurts, it didn’t do me any good at all and didn’t stop nerve pain. try google it and put in NHS only. good luck and best wishes and hope it works for you. Lee

Joyce
    Participant

Hi Laura I’m sceptical regarding physio as can’t imagine it helps much. However a friend of mine who has a long running back issue does do aqua physio and she claims it’s helped her she has numbness in one leg but not the pain she used to have. Might be worth a try.

Laura
    Participant

Thanks, Lee and Joyce.

If only sticking my leg at 90 degrees would see the end to this pain! It looks as if flossing is used mainly for sciatica problems, I’ve tried all sorts of exercises for sciatica pain in the past and non worked, the only thing that helped was ice.

My pain is from scar tissue so can’t think how physio would help but GP told me I had to try this to access any other clinics. Would have thought my health record would mean I would be able to access any other help without going through any hoops but there you go.

lc
    Participant

Hi Laura if its scar tissue then deep massaging helps to break down the scar tissue ,but if nothing been done for 10 yrs then cant see if this helps but they can try injections to try and break down scar tissue. had this done on my hand once but this too never worked. and only another is surgery to remove the effected scar tissue.
    take care and best wishes. Lee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.