OK, so now what?

Home Forums General OK, so now what?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LuckyLeeBeePee 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

lc
    Participant

Hi Astra, yes i understand your anger,and not surprised, it’s all part of the process a bit like death of a loved one you need to go through all the emotions before it gets better and learn to live with it all. the hardest part is trying to let it all go , it’s happened, the damage done, stop blaming, ect. and move on with life as it now is, this total acceptance of how you are now, without judgement to yourself or others is a big baggage to let go ,but once you have, trust me it does get better despite being left in pain as i am. make that appointment with GP and see if you can both come up with a structured plan. Thank you for not judging me, I’m only going by my experience of what happened to me, Mine was a car accident who my cousin’s husband was driving and i was a rear seat passenger total combination of crash was a 140 mph crash then a lorry went over top of car ,the way it happened I took the whole force of it all and was trapped under lorry. If it wasn’t for quick response of the whole emrgency services I would be dead and very nearly did, take care Astra and best wishes. Lee

Astra
    Participant

My god Lee, your accident sounds horrific. I thought mine was bad enough. I was forced off the road and hit a tree at 60mph. I had to be cut out of the wreckage and carted off on a spinal board. They initially thought I had a brain bleed, but thankfully I didn’t.

You’re right it is very much like a bereavement. I don’t think I’ve finished grieving for the old me yet. I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.

Keep smiling!

lc
    Participant

Hi Astra, You too were lucky, it could have been worse someone was looking out for you that day. we are all pain warriors and survivors on this site see how lucky we all are despite being in pain, we are all still alive,and can see the preciousness of life and how delicate it can be. enjoy the small things that you can do, here and now, and not worry about that past or future. cause at the end of our future there is only one outcome for us all, that’s inevitable. enjoy and do the things you can do and what makes you happy, right now. yes I live in constant pain and at times it does stop me in my tracks and also there are times i don’t know what to do with myself, but i know if i get through these little blips that happen, it will get a bit better so i can do a bit more and do the things i enjoy and makes me happy, I accept that i wouldn’t be able to climb mount everest ,go skiing, ride a motor bike and do the sports i once did , but i have done that, move forward and do what you can, as and when you can, now. enjoy others company and family and kids ect. all the little things. i see life a bit like a camera, pages of little memories of what i have done. there I have only told my wife and kids all that in the last 2 posts now the whole of this site knows HA HA LOL, Take care Astra and best wishes. Lee

Astra
    Participant

I admire your spirit Lee! An accident like that makes you look at life differently doesn’t it? It’s great that you can be so positive after such a terrible experience.

lc
    Participant

Hi Astra, thank you, one word resilience. if you got it use it. most of us have got it. take care and best wishes . Lee

InPainAgain
    Participant

@astra hi, I’ve smoked CBD oil through a good quality vape for a few years and it’s done my mental health no harm but it’s been a big help to my pain (unfortunately smoking it seems to make it not last long in me), it’s the THC which can in some cases (those with the vulnerable gene) cause schizophrenia, as THC is a psychoactive chemical,your dr was wrong to suggest CBD causes it,THC doesn’t cause schizophrenia overall either-you have to be genetically vulnerable to it and that’s the problem,you don’t know if you are or not.
    I developed paranoid psychosis long before I started smoking the odd joint of cannabis which didn’t make it worse,but the amount of people who tried to blame it on the cannabis was ridiculous.

you’d want to make sure you were getting CBD oil with no traces of THC,some legal sellers do still sell the oil with small amounts of THC. I know of a ver good quality CBD vaping oil,if you want the name,I can get it you I’m not at home right now, where my bottles are,all I remember is its company address is in Manchester. I do recommend trying it in some form or another.

Astra
    Participant

@inpainagain quite honestly that doctor was a waste of time. The more I’ve thought about it, the more I believe he decided I was a time waster just there trying to boost my claim. He didn’t really listen to anything I said. As soon as he said that CBD causes schizophrenia I knew he was talking rubbish.

I’m currently doing the trial of the Arc4Health device so if that doesn’t work, I’ll definitely be interested in trying the CBD. I don’t want to try both at the same time or I won’t know which (if any) is helping.

I hadn’t thought of vaping it. That’s definitely something that I’ll look into. Thanks for the info.

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Astra,

A couple of us on this site have tried CBD. It takes a lot of experimenting as to which colour oil you use as some are for calming you and others can ‘wake you up’.

Sadly it didn’t work for us, but it’s definitely worth a try! So good luck if you do decide to give it a try.

There’s a very good firm in Suffolk that sells very safe CBD products. They’re very helpful and do a next day delivery.

Annie x

Annie x

Astra
    Participant

Thanks Annie. Like most people here, I’m willing to try anything. It’s frustrating that there’s no one thing that can be guaranteed to work for everyone. It would be great to find something that provides even a little relief.

LuckyLeeBeePee
    Spectator

Sad :c

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.