No friends

Home Forums General No friends

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ida
    Participant

Hello!

I am new here and I am very thankful for finding this website. My pain condition started when I was just 9 years old. I am now 26. Do you have trouble with finding friends? I live in a very small area and really struggle.

Lc
    Participant

Hi Ida, Welcome to this site, You wont feel isolated on here and can make new friends with people who truly understand what living in pain is about with empathy, there is also a lot of info how to manage your pain to if you click on Pain Relief,resources ect in blue at top of page, also if its something specific you can try either typing it in the search forums box, it will come up with all conversions that have mentioned about it, or just start a new post with your question or if you just want to vent, there is always someone that will help or give advice on there experiences, is there a small group or coffee morning where you live, that you could go to when you can or maybe if you can manage it start your own thing whether its an art/craft club or coffee morning that you can get to interact with people, but if you cannot manage that then you have always got this site to talk about any thingon your mind, a lot of people do art/craft at home to help focus away from pain and makes them happy including myself i do wood carving , leather work draw ,and paint ,do my family tree and go swimming once a week if i can. take care for now and best wishes, Lee

Ida
    Participant

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply. I am so glad I found this website. Thank you, I will see what my city has to offer. Kind Regards, Ida

Lc
    Participant

Hi Ida,
    Thank you, you sound really grateful. It is hard as most people don’t understand what being in pain and living with it, is about. Most friends and family just don’t know how to approach you, but you know who your real friends are they are the ones that come round for a visit or take you out now and again, and you can count them on one hand. Here’s an incident the other week end went out to a family members 40th birthday party out of about 60 people that I know, only 4 of them came up to me and hugged me and asked generally how I am getting on and to have a chat and laugh with me. the rest just looked and carried on what they were doing, I just put it all down to there ignorance, but before I was like the way I am now, they all used to come up to me and say hello and chat and laugh, just because I sat in my wheel chair doesn’t mean I’ve changed as a person I just cannot keep up with them, that’s all. I think SAD and shallow people. Any way I hope you do find something where you can get out and mingle and make new friends. Plus you always have this site where people truly understand what it is like and the battles you have to go through, take care and best wishes, Lee

Claire
    Participant

Hi, I have just joined the group today. I am looking forward to contacting new people. I am hoping I can also offer support to others too. Just getting to know how to use the forum. I am 52, and have lost people who I thought were friends, due to my situation. It is hard. Best wishes Claire

Lc
    Participant

Hi Claire, welcome to this forum your in the right place to make new friends that understand what living with pain is really about.and with empathy. there is lots of info in blue at top of page or if you want to browse specific topics just type into the search forum box then press search.or you can just ask, someone will reply at some point. I understand what you think that some people are your friends until your in a certain position like constant
    pain,ect then you know and find out who your real friends are. thats what this site is about helping each other when down or struggling with pain and finding out how others cope.it is weird at the moment with the situation, but for me nothing has really changed that much except I can’t go swimming which I miss and the interaction with people friends and family members coming for a visit isn’t quite the same over face timing people . take care and best wishes Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Welcome Claire!
    By coincidence I am also 52! It really hurts when you lose friends…but i have to say that those who chose to accompany you through the difficulties and ups and downs of living with pain, are better, kinder, stronger people. Better friends in fact.

My husband is also a chronic pain sufferer, and before i had constant pain myself i found it really hard to understand.

I have been amazed at the kindness of folk on this forum. I joined over6 years ago and folk were so patient and kind. Lees advice has really helped, and i have built a good albeit limited (physically in some ways) life.

Hi to Ida, I hope you are getting through each day, bit by bit. The forum is a bit quieter than normal, but do remember than even when we are not actively posted, we all share the same experience of struggling with pain.

Take care all
    Helen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.