New pain after a root block injection

Home Forums General New pain after a root block injection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jan Sadler 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Spursboy
    Participant

I have had severe back and leg pain plus numb feet for nearly three years, which stops me walking. Four weeks ago I had a Root Block Injection which has enabled me to get back to walking again with no pain down my right leg.
    BUT – since the injection I now have a very severe painful ache from my shoulder blades down to my lower back, this is something new, very painful all the time and tends to make sleeping difficult.
    Could this be caused by the Root Block I wonder?

Lc
    Participant

Hi Spursboy, never heard of that before, if the injection was in your spine for lower limbs it should not effect higher up if it was done say in your neck then that could be the cause. it sounds like a new issue. sometimes it can feel as if you have lost a leg or phantom pain, but usually calms down as time goes on. maybe worth having a chat with them and see what they say. personally injections for me either don’t work or very short lived, but every one is different. Glad to hear it works for you. take care and best wishes, Lee

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

It might be postural, maybe the extra walking has aggravated your upper back for some reason? If it doesn’t settle soon, I would suggest you see your GP.

Let us know how you get on.
    Good luck.
    Jan at PainSupport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.