Nefopam… anyone tried this?

Home Forums General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable) Nefopam… anyone tried this?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hi Clare,

I’ve tried all the meds you’re taking and they don’t make any difference at all to my pain so I’m not really expecting nefopam to fix me but am going to try it. As it’s not an opioid that’s a bonus. Luckily my GP is very ready to prescribe me anything so fingers crossed. Will let you know!

Take care x

Clare
    Participant

Ah thats great, that GP is flexible.
    Are you under pain consultant? they have access to wider range of treatments and medications.
    Re: Nefopam…i find it works well if i take it at same time as Ibuprofen. Not sure if you take any NSAIDs but if you do this might be worth a try.
    Yeah let us know how it goes.
    Im despairing a bit myself at the minute. I had 8 medial branch blocks last week, with no effect. I give up. You get hopeful again for nothing.

Laura
    Participant

Just an update…I got Nefopam from my GP 10 days ago, no trouble prescribing although my doctor hadn’t heard of it and had to look it up, but the chemist had to order it in for me.

Unfortunately I haven’t had any pain relief from it, or any side effects, was hoping for a bit of sleepiness but didn’t get any! Was worth a go anyway, it might work for others.

Clare
    Participant

Hi Laura

What a shame!
    Did they prescribe 60mg three times a day?
    Whats the plan now then?
    Ive just had to discontinue my Nefopam as they do not agree with the increased Pregabalin dose, was very nauseous.
    Hope you haven’t lost hope
    Clare

Laura
    Participant

Hi Clare,

There is no plan. I have been discharged from pain clinic etc. for some years and all my doctor suggested was physio & that’s the last thing that would help. My back pain has come back with a vengeance having been very stable pain-wise for about 6 years and when this is added to my leg pain I’m at a loss as to what to do with myself, not sleeping etc. Still, there’s plenty worse off than me. X

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.