LEE'S BLOG ABOUT MINDFULNESS

Home Forums General LEE'S BLOG ABOUT MINDFULNESS

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Helen H 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Helen H
    Participant

AS so many of us have been helped by Lee’s ( Ic’s) advice on this forum, I thought you would like to know that he has very kindly contributed 2 Blogs to my Blog , The Chronic Elephant. I feel I can really blow the trumpet for this one, as it was not written by me! He has generously shared his experiences as well as his art and crafts.

In this first of 2 parts, Lee shares his story of how his pain started, and talks about his journey with discovering Mindfulness. This will be a helpful blog for anyone wanting to know more about how Mindfulness helps life with chronic pain.
    The final part will be more specifically about his artworks, and how he creates using wood and leather.

A big thanks to Lee.

https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/05/guest-blog-lee-learning-to-craft-good.html

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Helen & Lee – check you out our creative geniuses!
    Helen – I love Strictly and Joe in a Craig voice was just ah-mazing! I was rooting for Kate Silverton until she got voted out…
    Lee – a lot of time and effort must have gone into that, and if you ever seriously want to sell your woodwork – I’d highly recommend Etsy!
    Well done to you both – it’s really great!

take care & best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, thanks, but most of the work is Helen’s I just bombarded her with what Helen wanted to know,I did feel sorry for her, but I think Helen done an amazing job with all that I have posted to her. and Helen sorted it all out and edited it.

Is Etsy Free or is there hidden charges? cause most sites I have been on charge. and long term I found it all a bit of a headache so stopped doing it. I used to do craft fairs but had to stop that as i wasn’t getting help to set up ect and really struggled on my own, amongst table fees going a bit ridiculous and half the time i lost money rather than make and they started classing me as a business which i do not make enough to be a business or work as one. I have tried in the past a few times , but found more going out than in. thats art for you people like it or hate it and most go wow thats good. short arms and deep pockets. also as my health has deteriorated over the the past few years I struggle and just jacked it all in.just keep it to people who ask me for something to make then I do it for price of meterials ect.

Helen H
    Participant

Thank you AnnieD
    Lee is being modest! As all of us on here know, he writes very expressively and well, and it can be very hard to find the right words about such a tough subject. Every word is his, and I think it’s a great read, and I am getting positive feedback from others too.

What do you sell on Etsy AnnieD? it would be lovely to see your work.

Take care
    Helen

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee & Helen
    I’m afraid I’m practical rather than creative, so I’m only a buyer on Etsy – ha ha, and most definitely not a seller, otherwise I’d probably be paying people to buy it. Lee – I’m sorry I’ve got no idea about Etsy costs, but see lots of lovely things on there, which is why it made me think of your woodwork – so completely understand.

Well done to you both!! Not sure if you’re both interested, I recently came across Brother David – he’s got a gratefulness site which so very much reminds me of mindfulness – https://gratefulness.org/explore/new-to-gratefulness/

best wishes AnnieD

Helen H
    Participant

HI annieD
    I love that sight, particularly the lighting candles, and the online gratitude diary. A wonderful resource.

Thanks for the reminder, I hope more people check it out.

Take care
    Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, Glad to hear your getting positive feed back from others, it makes me happy to know that.
    AnnieD, your post is a bit like mindfulness, also many of us do take things and one another for granted at times, sometimes without really noticing it until the other person tells you.with mindfulness it does teach you to be more aware of things and others taken you for granted, if this keeps happening you must speak up as they may not realize what they are doing. once again all boils down to effective communication between each other. but first you must be aware of yourself and feelings.
    take care and best wishes to you both . Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Hi ALL.

Check out the final part of Lee’s Blog about his journey with pain, mindfulness and creativity. Aside from being an excellent and inspiring read, there are some fantastic bits of his carving, drawing/painting work, and the story of the Bulldog he crafted ( from block of wood to finished painted piece).

THE ART OF MAKING ART MINDFULLY:
    https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/05/lee-art.html

Big thanks to Lee, and I hope you all enjoy it.
    Helen

AnnieD
    Participant

Way to go team creative geniuses! A great read and congrats to you both! I always wanted to be able to draw people, but mine always ended up looking like aliens from outer space – they never used to resemble humans – ha ha!! I do love the little Ele logo – so adorably cute…..

“What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favourite day,” said Pooh. AA Milne

best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, thank you. remember the painting by Lowry matchstick cats and dogs. his figures were just a few strokes that resembled people no detail in them .so easy basically a small o underneath a p then and upside down v. opv from a distant it looks and resembles a person walking, just change the way the letters are slightly to put them in different poses, get my drift . if you do it with a flat broad paint brush in different colours you have it. Thats basically how Lowry painted his figures. also you say your drawings look like aliens just use your imagination and that’s just a your interpretation , I think you could do some good weird stuff with that. or another way to get you going is find a picture, grid it either 5-10 mm then on a clean piece of paper double the size of the grid to 10-20 mm and then following the picture grid by grid transfer it to the larger one ,it keeps you concentrated . end result you have a enlarged picture of the original then you can coulour it the same ,or your choice.
    treat every day like A A Milne quote Annie it will make you happy and smile. I take one from Alice in wonderland : have I gone mad? I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. but I’ll tell you a secret’ All the best people are. Take care and best wishes . Lee

Helen H
    Participant

HI Annie- it was good teamwork- so glad you enjoyed it!
    Take care
    Helen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.