Just bored

Home Forums General Just bored

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rosan 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rosan
    Participant

I thought I leave a note here to state how incapacitated I have become as a result of pain. I do not even have the energy to eat or cook. I am allergic to dust, since this morning I planned to hoover and after all those hours I am still so weak to clean. My brain is giving me 60 different messages but I cannot materialise any of them. So bewildered with life😞

Lc
    Participant

Hi Mina, sounds to me like your getting depressed which constant pain can make you feel low. have you tried CBT and Mindfulness, you should be able to get all the info of your local place that do this from your GP/ surgery, also try something new that you used to do when you were a child, some sort of hobby whether it’s colouring a book or drawing /making something anything you can manage. On bad days of pain when I’m stuck in bed I do my family tree on wiki tree which is a free site. being in pain and feeling low will make you feel the way you do, it is a vicious circle and it’s up to you to break that cycle. if you need help get it. sometimes you just have to do something, and at the same time be kind to yourself and treat yourself and praise yourself that you have completed a task or whatever you have just done no matter how small.Your brain is always thinking /distract it by doing something you enjoy and makes you happy instead of thinking how much pain your in. it is hard and difficult I know but only you can self motivate yourself , ring up a family member or friend that might be able to help you by taking you out or just come round for a chat or something. take care and best wishes and hope you have taken on some of what I have said. Lee

Eddie
    Participant

Hi Mina. Can so empathise with your challenges ref chronic pain, I had an unsuccessful right knee replacement. Constant pain from that, lower back pain (two unsuccessful surgical decompressions, constant sciatica and arthritis in left knee. Can be so debilitating, not only physically but mentally. I try to focus on what I can still do as opposed to what I can’t do however limited it may be. Important to reach out and chat with others even although my head wants me to isolate at times. You will win through. Thank you for sharing with me

Rosan
    Participant

Hi Eddie and Lee

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write to me. Secondly thank you for being so kind by sharing a positive message.

All the medical conditions are wearing me down. Currently, I am waiting to hear from the hospital for Counselling. I have been told there is a long queue!! Somehow we need a better world where mental health conditions are looked at in a dignified manner as opposed to being trivial. I am also waiting for a course of physio therapy from hospital. However, I managed to go to Yoga in the evening and disappointed to see that I was able to do 10% of the physical activity as I am so unsteady. As suggested, I need to have a plan of actions rather constantly feeling sorry for myself. I went for a work disability assessment by DWP some time this week, I saw a lovely nurse but I am waiting to hear from them. So my livelihood is in the hands of a nurse. The financial worries is adding to the pressure. I will let you know what happens next.

Both of you are really inspirational. I am also so grateful to Jan for giving us this platform to write about our stories. Once again thank you for good wishes and hopefully my future messages will be positive.

Warm regards
    M

Eddie
    Participant

You are very welcome Mina. I’m currently undergoing counselling just now….

Best for now,

Eddie

Lc
    Participant

Hi Mina, I fully understand where your coming from after fractured / dislocated pelvis and 2 spinal ops in 1 year, and been living with constant pain from degenerative chronic pain,nerve damage pain and arthritis also SI Joint problems for about 23 years, counselling sort of helped but it was the CBT and mindfulness that pulled me through clinical depression with suicidal thoughts and ptsd. It is a long and difficult time and road to go down, with relationships with other family members and with benefits ,also deciding whether you can do some work or not. with the right help you will come through this and a mentally stronger person, and acceptance of this is how you are and cannot do the things you once did ,it is a like grieving for a lost one but eventually you get over it. be kind to yourself and treat yourself now and again and do what you can ,when you can, and prioritize what is important in your life, and live in the here and now not the past or think about the future, and enjoy things that makes you happy and calm today as tomorrow is a different day and I hope it’s a better one for you. take care and best wishes, Lee

Rosan
    Participant

Hi Eddie
    Good to hear that you are now receiving the service. I hope all goes well.

Hi Lee
    I am so sorry to learn for the multiple conditions you have, it is good to know that you came through this and now helping others. Currently I am in the same position. I am saying to myself everyday that I do not want to be alive and yet do not have the courage to end this life.
    Thanks for the input, hearing your advice helps a lot. I will be speaking to my GP re CBT, I also went to hospital for my eyes and was told the issue with my vision relates to Fibromyalgia so this condition is giving me more and more symptoms.
    I am gradually coming to the realisation that I have become incapacitated and I can do no more. You take care too.
    Warmest regards
    R/M

Lc
    Participant

Hi Rosan,
    I take it this is what you would like to be called Rosan?
    It is a case of finding what medication and alternative methods work for you best as we are all different and what works for one doesn’t mean it will work for you,also total acceptance that this is who you are now. Once you have done this, and stop trying to find that miracle cure, by chasing rainbows to find that pot of gold. you will feel lighter and more comfortable within yourself and accept things how they are. and that each day is different. some days you have good days, embrace them, some bad days, just make yourself as comfortable as you can, and don’t dwell on it,as tomorrows another day and it could be a better one. Yesterday is just a memory whether good or bad. Enjoy yourself today as best you can and enjoy the little things in life that make you happy and contented.Having lots of money does not make you happy’ it just a material thing, happiness comes from within, being awake to your senses,despite being in pain or not. treat every day as when you were like a child with that first experience of something new, as you look at it in wonder. that is what meditation and visualization technics like mindfulness, has taught me, but that is just a small part of it. take care and best wishes,Lee

Rosan
    Participant

Thank you Lee, very well said; had a good day today as I forced myself to walk for nearly 2 miles, despite taking me ages to do it. Will keep it up as advised. Best wishes from R formerly known as M😄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.