Is It Allodynia?

Home Forums General Is It Allodynia?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tom
    Participant

I am brand new here. Last night when I went to bed, I had my upper right foot pressed against the sheet and felt stinging in one little spot. I got out of bed to look at it with a bright light and couldn’t see any cut, soreness, red mark, anything; except for a small clump of hair. That spot is located just under the big toe. I have never felt that before.

This morning, same thing. I decided to put some anti-itch cream that had and bandaged it. I’ve been doing a lot of walking around and still feeling it on occasions. It’s not bad, but it’s a bit of a nuisance.

I went to look up “feeling a sore spot and not seeing anything with it”. It led me to Allodynia. It said that it can come from Fibro and having migraines. I don’t know if I had migraine, but I have had some headaches that are very painful but not enough to knock me out.

A few months ago I had Pityriasis Rosea all over me, but it’s been long gone now. So I don’t know. Will I be in for a bad journey with this? Funny thing is that next week, I’m going on a vacation. What a time to have this happen!

PaulT_99
    Participant

Do you know what your blood sugar levels are ?.
    Do you drink regular soft drinks ?, have sugar in tea / coffee ?.

I only mention as high sugar levels are the start of Diabetes II and the start of long and small nerve damage. The feeling you have been getting is a classic sign.

Tom
    Participant

I had a blood test a couple of months ago (fasting) and the reading was 88mg/dL. I drink decaf coffee & green tea without adding anything. As of now it seems like that soreness I felt in my foot has gone away. Maybe this was just a one-time thing. Sorry about the alarm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.