IBUPROFEN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

If anyone is on this drug regularly and for any length of time, do ask your gp to send you for regular kidney function tests.

It was only by chance when I had a blood test before my op that it was discovered that ibuprofen was badly affecting my kidneys. In all the years I’ve been on the drug, I have never been sent for a blood test.

So now I have to come off this drug. Really hoping the alternative drug works as well.

Annie x

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Annie, so glad it was discovered before causing real problems.

Coincidentally I’ve been affected by the ibuprofen in Ibugel – it has caused acid reflux and the condition known as GORD, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease. So even a rub on gel isn’t immune from causing unpleasant side effects. Take care everyone!
    Jan at PainSupport

bazzer
    Participant

Yes again, I get gord from NSAIDs, and they also worsen tinnitus for me, I take them pill and gel as and when, but never regularly, Barry

dalhousie
    Participant

Hi Annie – what alternative did they give you? It!s good they caught it before any damage was done x

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Dalhousie,

The consultant’s getting in touch with my gp with alternative, but I just can’t remember what she said it was! Guess I’ll know soon. Hope so, because I’ve lowered the dose of ibuprofen and I HURT!

Annie x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.