I have sciatica, can anybody enlighten me about my situaton

Home Forums General I have sciatica, can anybody enlighten me about my situaton

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rosan 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kaak
    Participant

I had sciatica started from one month ago. I went to hospital and had mri scan. I met two doctors, first doctor told me that my mri is normal but second doctor diagnose my mri and told me that i have degeneration disc disease. I’m really confused. Can anybody enlighten me about state of my lumbar. You can see my mri images in this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/185663226@N03/albums/72157711909787067

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Kaak, Welcome to our forum. Sorry to hear you have sciatica, so do I. I regret none of us are qualified to read MRI scans. You really need to ask your doctor or the consultants to tell you exactly what the scan results mean for you.

Most people have some degree of degenerative disc disease and so it is often considered ‘normal’ by medics. But it’s not ‘normal’ for us, is it! Sciatica often affects every part of our lives.

You really need to ask your doctor for more information. Meanwhile, there is plenty you can do yourself to help relieve the pain. A good place to start is to click the Pain Relief section of my website.

Have you tried any medication or physiotherapy yet? Physiotherapy would be a good place to start. Ask your doctor about both.

I will send you more information about pain relief by email.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jan at PainSupport

kaak
    Participant

Thanks Jan.
    I have a dose consists of glucosamin hcl, chondroitin, collagen, bromelain, papain, eperison hcl. I follow exercises written in the book “8 steps to a back free pain”. My symptoms are relieved a bit. I’m 26 male, being diagnosed with ddd and this scare me. I doubt the second doctor is right or not. Could you refer to me email of a doctor who i can ask for my condition.

kaak
    Participant

Thanks Jan
    I posted my query on icliniq site and i got reply from Dr Atul Prakash, he told me: he agree with my first doctor.

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Kaak

That’s good news! Take care of yourself and continue with the exercises! Always a good thing.
    Jan at PainSupport

Rosan
    Participant

Hi All

I have DDD and shallow disc protrusion or sciatica and Fibromyalgia which means I am in constant pain to the extent that putting my head on a pillow for sleep is like a mission impossible. I do physio and hot Yoga, they are of immense help but I know I am stuck with the condition and pain for the rest of my life. I have not been given any medications as I alway end up in A & E. All doctors advised counselling and physio.

Best wishes
    M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.