Groin pain when sitting down

Home Forums General Groin pain when sitting down

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lorna5 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Lorna5
    Participant

Any ideas what is causing this gp did ct scan no abnormalities so gave me more pain meds. Pain is left groin and lower abdomin hurts sitting, driving and lying down standing helps but can’t stand all the time because of other pain.
    Lorna

PaulT_99
    Participant

I originally had deep groin pain on my left way back in 2002.
    After years of messing around with physio it was found i had advanced osteoarthritis.
    The cartilage in my left hip had totally gone. So ended up having a hip replacement.
    Since then ive now had 3 hip replacements.

Sometimes groin pain can be caused by a Laberal Tear.
    This is where a little bit of tissue surrounding the hip joint gets caught and dragged into the joint. The tissue then gets pulled and torn more over time as you move around.
    My son recently had this.
    Fixed by an Arthroscopy keyhole surgery. Just to go in and clean up the tissue around the hip joint. Hes now pain free.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  PaulT_99. Reason: spelling

Lorna5
    Participant

Thanks Paul sounds like a rough time 3 hip replacements is a lot, will look up laberal tear not heard of that. I am struggling to walk but mainly lower back, think I need to press gp to get some answers pain is making me miserable and stopping me sleeping
    Lorna

lc
    Participant

Hi Lorna, could be any number of things , strained , pulled or torn ligaments.as Paul says, or could be referred pain from your back problem, my advice is to see your GP again especially as this is causing sleepless nights,and increased pain levels, also if it’s been going on for more than 4 weeks without getting any better. hopefully you have just strained a ligament or muscle around the area and should heal on it’s own. take care and best wishes, Lee

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Lorna, I get a similar pain and it comes from my back. If you open the attached PDF and scroll down a little to the first coloured image you will find a diagram of nerves and their pathways.
    https://painsupport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/CoventryPainClinic-sciatic-and-brachialgia-pain.pdf

I hope this helps.
    Jan at PainSupport

Lorna5
    Participant

Hi Jan
    What do you do for this pain I think reading all of this it is spine related or maybe si joints but don’t know what to do using hot water bottle etc but very upsetting with every thing else
    Lorna

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Mainly I know that it goes away after a while! I also take extra care with my lower back and don’t use heat on it as, with me, heat with high pain levels causes even more inflammation. Cold would be better, but I don’t use that as I have Raynaud’s and need to keep the circulation flowing.

Practically, I wear knickers that don’t have elastic or are tight around the top of the leg. Sloggi have some good ones – very expensive though. When I have pain from that area I can’t wear trousers either, so wear a skirt, which is less aggravating.

I hope your pain reduces very soon.
    Take care
    Jan

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Oh- and I lie down more with my knees up, feet on the sofa, in the semi-supine position. Jan

Lorna5
    Participant

Started in August and has got gradually worse no signs of improvement really upsetting affects sleep, sitting, driving, work etc

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Lorna, I didn’t realise you’d had it for so long. In this case I’d definitely ask my doctor for another look at it, with maybe a physio, X-ray or consultant appointment.
    I hope you find an answer soon.
    Jan

myrtle rose
    Participant

Hi Jan, your link to nerves and their pathways etc is the most helpful I’ve seen. Thank you. Myrtle.

Lorna5
    Participant

Saw doctor at pain clinic today he says he will try an inguinal femoral genital nerve block but have to go on waiting list so probably end of April before I get treated he also said to increase my gabapentin over the next 5 weeks to 900 x 3 a day
    I should also be having radio frequency denerveation of si joints in January waiting list permitting which may help
    In the mean time this is my 2nd week of work and not sure what to do, pain levels still bad walking not good at all stressed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.