Frustrated with pain clinic

Home Forums General Frustrated with pain clinic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lc 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

juicylucy
    Participant

I am feeling very upset and confused with my pain consultant. I couldn’t get referred back tto my old consultant as we moved areas so having to see one at local hospital. He had me having facet joint injections again twice when I had previously had them before numerous times with little or no effect. Now the last lot caused more problems I have slipped and bulging discs, permanent nerve damage, disc degeneration and osteoarthritis of the spine. My pains reached the point that tramadol isn’t helping enough and they refuse to put me on anything else. I feel so lost and let down and don’t know what to do. I only work 3 mornings a week and literally the rest of the time I do very little so that I don’t have massive flareups.

lc
    Participant

Hi Juicylucy, Normally it does not matter where you go in the country, all hospitals can access your medical files, If they can be bothered.and If you give them permission to do so. So really I cannot see the problem, I would go back and ask the pain clinic to look at your files and they would see that injections do not work for you. also go back and say that tramadol is not working and can they suggest any other type that may suit you better sometimes it’s a combination of drugs that help. also to help you cope better (I’m not patronizing you)but sometimes regular gentle stretching and core strengthening exercises will help and can lessen the pain somewhat or a gentle swim, also try CBT and mindfulness as this my help you cope better mentally. the way hospitals are going they recommend exercise and surgery is there last resort.I have had 2 ops on spine and fractured/ dislocated pelvis with nerve damage/pain and SI joint problems all degenerative and arthritis and in constant pain so I do empathise with you and understand what your going through. Have a look on this site under pain relief it also gives you a place to start there is a lot of info there, Thanks to Jan who runs this site. It is a fine balancing act between doing stuff and rest (Pacing) to avoid flare ups but understand that flare ups can come all of a sudden without doing anything. I thought there was a limit on facet joint injections, could be wrong . they don’t work on me either . anyway I hope you find relief soon and get the help you need . take care and best wishes. Lee

lc
    Participant

For got to say that views vary on the treatment you get from one dr to another so they really should study your case or tell them and say are you listening to me. sometimes you just got to be a pain and nuisance to get something done. would help if you write a list of questions that you need answering, next time you go and don’t leave til you get satisfactory answers. Best wishes. Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.