Frustrated and dont know what to do !!

Home Forums General Frustrated and dont know what to do !!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lc 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Frankie – a nurse friend told me NHS England changed their guidelines in 2017 for low back pain mri referral, and only if you have red flags like fever, affects bladder/bowel will you now be referred. Not sure if this applies to Scotland?

You say you have developed neck pain too, if this is the case, it is highly likely it’s posture related – as I found out 5 years later with finally an amazing physio. As pain makes you completely change your posture – you seriously don’t even realise it. Have a read of this link, and I’d highly recommend doing some exercises to strengthen your core in the interim whilst you battle for further help-

Why Does My Lower Back Pain MRI Show Nothing is Wrong?

Yes, as others have commented we have all found our relationships tested, and I fully agree with Lee & Helen’s comments. I liken pain life to a rollercoaster ride of ups & downs, hang on in there by the seat of your pants!!

Wish you all the best and keep us updated on how you’re getting on…

take care AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, just read your link, very interesting. thats the way forward .just before christmas I finished a course, that the physio called me in to try and help others, also to learn from me,and how I cope, and the link you posted, the question was brought up.They knew they could do no more for me. except when the time comes more ops. but in the Uk this is how it is now and the way physios, GP’s ect are going.with so many people complaining with a bad back I understand why GP’s ,Physio’s get peeved and seem like they don’t care, It’s because they have to repeat themselves day in and day out.which is understandable. also it depends on what damage is already done, as I tried to get the physio to answer a question which they could not really answer as each case is different also they tested me on how I move, core strength ect. and just said that I move correctly and my core strength was very good, as the physio could not do some of the core strength exercises that I done.I know I have fusion, nerve damage/Pain and SIJ problems. So why am I still in so much pain. answer maybe I was putting to much strain on the fusion site, nerve damage,(self explained),and basically over doing it. need to pace better she said. She could not really answer, If I am doing all I can then why do I still get so much pain ,I understand nerve pain and I do understand it all, she said it’s one of those things that the pain receptors do not shut off after your injuries have healed also you have been fixed to the best that is possible mechanically, the nerve pain is results from injury and where they have fixed me., and said I would be in a much worse place than where I am If I never exercised, done Physio,ect and kept it all up every day. So Yes to some point the link is correct as the majority of every day people, this is the case, and this will if carried out correctly will work and does work, but some, like myself, are a couple of % of people that still struggle regardless of how much exercise core strengthening we do.
    Sorry, but I hope my views Help some people get to grips with it all. Take care all and best wishes.Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee & Frankie

By that article, all I mean is how important it is to do core strengthening exercises for your back & pelvis – it took me 5 years before a physio told me this, and I often think I might not be as bad as what I am now if I’d learned this earlier – as it has really helped improve things. Even my colleagues say they don’t see me limping anywhere near as much as I used to do, even though I still walk slowly. I’ve got a pants GP practice like Frankie, and I’m not spoilt for choice in London. Lee – you’re very lucky by having had such great support – it would be sincerely great if it was consistent everywhere! take care & best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, I know what you mean it is important to do exercises and core strengthening. sorry I just went off into one as I sometimes do, No Offence. take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hey Lee – don’t you apologise – I’ve learned an awful lot from you and am still glued to that cushion – ha ha!! take care & stay warm & roll on spring! best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

AnnieD, Thank you so much, it means a lot to me that you have learned from me and hope others have too. it brings me pleasure to hear that. LOL yes the cushion I use it more than i do the ball especially when at the computer and even eating my dinner/breakfast at the table, brilliant for something just as good as a gym ball which I have let down now, it was getting in the way of other family members,a Good find and thanks for sharing. take care and best wishes. Lee

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.