finally gave in for a less pain and to stop flare ups

Home Forums General finally gave in for a less pain and to stop flare ups

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieD 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen and Annie, I think we have a great group of people on this site and together there is hundreds of years experience. Thank you both so much for the positive responses, it means a lot, and the confirmation, that I am making the right choice.
    Take care and best wishes to you both. Lee

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Well done,Lee. The chair will make a huge difference to your life. I don’t have a chair but borrow one sometimes, then if I find I’m sitting for too long I leap out and push it for a change – much to the amazement of passerbys who think they’ve just witnessed a miracle!

You are right, the knowledge and kindness within this forum is incredible.

Jan at PainSupport

AnnieD
    Participant

Completely agree with you both! Plus that’s hilarious about your experience Jan!

Although I do wish we could campaign to get ‘Dame’ Jan Sadler – it has a certain ring to it don’t you think? for all you’ve done to promote pain awareness and this amazing site… take care all & best wishes AnnieD xx

lc
    Participant

Hi Jan, Thank you. HA HA You made me laugh,as if you just spoke to God and He made jump out and walk, this site is a God send, to help me with my sanity. Going to have to try that one, Jan and see what reactions from other people I get, it should be a laugh. I think it will make a big difference as I love to get out and about.

Also AnnieD , you have a gentle kind and funny sense of humour funny you should say about evil knievel I used to do a lot of trial riding and motor cross. I can no longer do that and miss it so much. if it wasn’t for my art I cannot bear to think what i would do. Laugh and the world laughs with you .Cry and you cry alone.
    Take care and best wishes and Thank you all for the positive responses. Lee

lc
    Participant

Hi Annie, Well said Jan does deserve to be nationally recognized as a Dame for all her efforts and hard work. take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee – wow – do I have a new profession as a mind reader? – ha ha!! Hey Mr Evel ‘Lee’ Knievel – I always wanted one of his stunt cycle toys as a kid, as I gotta say the real thing so doesn’t appeal, so holy moly does your local area know what Mr Lee Daredevil has planned for the local vicinity very soon!… you’re also very talented with your art work and woodwork, I’d love to be more creative, but I’m afraid my skill set favours practical things, otherwise I’m accident prone…

yes – watch this space on the other matter, I’m doing some investigative research….

best wishes AnnieD

Lorna5
    Participant

Great news Lee get out there and enjoy

lc
    Participant

Hi Lorna5, thank you so much for your comment, and yes I certainly will be out and enjoying a full day out, which is something I have not done for a while, hopefully be picking it up today. just waiting for a phone call saying its here. take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

cryptic Dmessage to an earlier post Lee – hope you catch my D-Drift! Yes, you can apply again as long as 5 years later, which is fine, but you can’t specifically pick which one – bah humbug!!!

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, Oh Right that is Bah-Humbug, Well I picked my chair up today as it got delivered late last night at my local center, along time since i last used one so it was like starting again, but wheeled myself home. 20 mins getting there on crutches and 10 wheel home. must say think I’ll have to invest in some wheelchair gloves as ended up with a big blister on right thumb, LOL, certainly keeps you fitter than trying to walk with my crutches . take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee – from bah humbug to oh happy days – whoopee doo!!! Wow – that’s such great news to hear about your chair, and check you out Mr Speedy Lee Gonzalez. Youch about your blister, as a fellow honey monster don’t forget it’s amazing for all skin issues, so apply overnight with kitchen roll over the top and it’ll have your blister healed up in no time! Sounds like a good idea about the gloves, and hey all the best with road testing it some more – let us know how you’re getting on! best wishes AnnieD

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.