Fentanyl

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    anniekat
    Participant

Anybody take this drug? Any comments good or bad?!

X

nutjob85
    Participant

I have fentanyl patches, they work ok for about 2 days then the effect starts wearing off. I pop another patch on on day 3 and things are ok again. I had issues getting the patches to stay on, I found that wiping my arm with alcohol rub and applying a dressing over them keeps them stuck. My pain nurse asked my doc to prescribe the dressings

anniekat
    Participant

What strength are you using? I don’t seem to have any problem keeping them on so far. Thank you for replying!

Sherry
    Participant

Hi Annie Kat – I have been on the fentanyl patches for 13 years now and still remain on my starter dose 25mgc. It has been a good pain drug for me. It still lasts for 3 days for me except in very hot weather when the drug releases the medication quicker or drops off. I am on several other pain drugs but if I forget to change the patch I find about 12 hours into the fourth day my pain levels are going up. It has and is still working well for me – just stick out the side effects at the beginning as they do wear off. Have a good Christmas. Sherry

anniekat
    Participant

Thanks, Sherry, I’ve been put straight on to 25mcg and I’m still in a lot of pain, unfortunately. Going to have to ring my gp again today. You have a lovely Christmas too!

X

nutjob85
    Participant

I’m on the lowest patch 15, my doc/pain nurse has coupled this drug with 5/10mg morphine tablets up to 4 times a day along with paracetamol and naproxen

anniekat
    Participant

Thanks Nutjo, I’m now on 37mcg of fentanyl and now it’s helping with my pain. Annie x

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

That’s good news, Annie. I hope you can now sleep better too.

Jan at PainSupport

Laura
    Participant

Glad to hear your pain is improving, Annie.

I have tried this drug in the past but it made me very ill so I’d never take it again.Personally I’d rather have physical pain that mental pain which it caused me.

The good news is that we are all different and what doesn’t works for one works for another.

Here’s to a better 2016 pain- wise for everyone.

anniekat
    Participant

Thanks, Laura. So far I feel OK on fentanyl, thankfully. I’m pretty tolerant of drugs and don’t seem to get any nasty side effects.

Yes, let’s hope we all have a better time of it in 2016.

Annie x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.