Continuous Electric Heating Pads

Home Forums General Continuous Electric Heating Pads

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    JudeB
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you too had a failed fusion Deborah. Do you find the heat pad gets anywhere near as hot as a hot water bottle, if so, I might still be convinced to try one?

deborah1963
    Participant

Yes, I think it does. And it covers a larger area than the hot water bottle. The one I have switches off automatically after 3 hours and has a heat setting of 1-5 (never had it on anything else but 5 !!)

JudeB
    Participant

I think I might be tempted then. Thanks SO much for your input everyone.

deborah1963
    Participant

If you do decide, good luck with one JudeB.

JudeB
    Participant

Thanks Deborah!

deborah1963
    Participant

Your welcome. If you don’t mind me asking JudeB, about your spinal fusion, I take it yours failed too? What level did you have, when and has it caused other problems too?

JudeB
    Participant

No probs your asking Deborah, however, my memory is rubbish these days and it’s over 14 years now since I had my op, but I think if I remember correctly it was L5/S1?? Initially after the op I went through the usual rehab, and thought things were progressing nicely, I was able to walk more than a mile a day, and had started back at working doing 2-3 hours a day, but unfortunately during the back op they had discovered an ovarian cyst which they wanted investigated. I went along for that, and have been crook ever since. I spent 45 minutes on the couch in that lovely lady like position – I expect you know the one – while they poked around, only to be told that they couldn’t find the cyst and thought that it had dispersed on its’ own. When told to get up, I couldn’t move and was in agony by the time I was able to get off the couch. To cut a long story short, I went back to my consultant who redid all the tests that I’d had done prior to my fusion, and while he thought that another disc might be suspect, he wasn’t prepared to operate further as he felt I would lose even more mobility. I’ve been to the rehab unit, but by the time I got there – 3 years after the event – I could have taught them everything they wanted to teach me, as of course given time you learn the best way to do things without giving yourself more pain. These days I can’t walk far, can’t sit up straight and can’t stand still for more than a few minutes before the pain becomes unbearable. Hence I spend a LOT of time in bed with a boiling hot water bottle to distract me from the pain.

Hope you’re having a ‘good’ day.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by JudeB.
    deborah1963
    Participant

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry to hear that you went through all that. I know what you mean by teaching the rehab/physio ! In fact, I won’t attend anymore, a waste of time.
    It sounds all so familiar to me about not walking far, cat’s sit up straight, cant stand still!
    If it wasn’t for my reclining chair with heatpad, I too, would spend a lot of time in bed.
    I’m on pregabalin for the nerve pain, amitriptyline to help me sleep (which helps a lot) as when I wasn’t able to sleep due to the pain the next day was sooooo bad! And I take codeine for pain relief and my good old faithful heatpad!
    Hope your day is not too bad!

sara_louise
    Participant

hi, i have one that came from boots online they dont have it in store. one of the physios suggested it to me. it has a washable cover and a range of settings and a long flex.

nanatalie
    Participant

I use Snailax continuous neck heating pad. It has 5 massage modes and the heating time lasts 30 minutes. I use it to massage my neck and back to reduce muscle pain and tension and improve blood circulation. It can adjust the frequency and intensity of the beat, I like it very much.

Best 9 Neck Heating Pads (Microwave and Electric)

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Please note, the items mentioned above are on the American Amazon website.

There are similar items on the UK Amazon website, and, I expect, on other websites too if you do a search for them.

Jan at PainSupport

PaulT_99
    Participant

I brought a really good heating pad from Argos.

Here we go, this one.
    £30.
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7075935

So good that i brought another one. So i have one on the sofa, and another on the bed just to heat my lower back and hips.

They are very good. Nearly instant heat when you turn it on. It goes off after 1hr, but you only need to touch the controller and it will come back on.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.