Chronic back pain

Home Forums General Chronic back pain

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lc 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mouse81
    Participant

Hi everyone not been on for a while it’s been one hell of a journey with chronic back pain 13 years to be precise I have got my diagnosis it’s A S ankylosing spondylitis it was a total shock at first but a massive relief to no I wasn’t going mad and this week I’m starting biological therapy so fingers crossed it works.

Helen H
    Participant

Hi mouse81

13 years is a long time to wait, and it’s quite understandable that you have mixed feelings about your diagnosis.
    Keeping fingers crossed that the new therapy will be helpful for you.

Take care
    Helen

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Mouse – oh wow, so glad you got a diagnosis after all that time, bless you, and here’s wishing you all the very best with your therapy. If you don’t mind me asking – what is biological therapy? Sorry I’m always interested in alternative treatments.
    I really hope it help makes a difference – take care & best wishes AnnieD

mouse81
    Participant

Hi AnnieD they are injections I’m having them every 2″weeks for life they suppress your immune system I’m starting on a drug called AMGEVITA people say they are life changing drugs I don’t no what’s it will be like to be normal again take care mouse81

lc
    Participant

Hi mouse81, Glad to hear you have finally got a diagnosis it makes it so much easier to know what road to go down to try and help you with pain. Hope your new drug regime works for you to lower pain and to have a somewhat better life. take care and best wishes. Lee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.