Cannabidiol (CBD)

Home Forums General Cannabidiol (CBD)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

I’ve been taking CBD for about 6 weeks now and sadly I haven’t noticed any difference in my pain or sleep levels. I’m taking green paste during the day and white or purple oil at night. I also got mine from CBD Brothers.

Anything’s worth a try though, as what doesn’t work for one, still might work for others. I shall carry on taking it though, just in case it takes more time to work.

Yes, it’s expensive, but worth it if it works!

Annie x

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Annie & others – how are you getting on with this? How much are you meant to take? It’s just I’ve read this article below – do they help give you advice about which one they’d recommend for you? As the different colours is all very confusing to me…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5019411/Cannabis-oil-ends-13-year-misery-sciatica-patient.html

take care AnnieD xx

Christine
    Participant

Sorry to barge in: the company mentioned on the previous page will give advice and are very helpful.
    I tried the capsules a while ago, and had three days pain-free, then nothing – that’s not meant to put you off, as I do think it’s worth trying. They did make me feel very drowsy at first.

Christine

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

After a few weeks of trying CBD with no change in my pain levels, I decided to stop using it. It’s a shame because I know it works for lots of people.

At first it’s confusing with all the different colours and types – some calming and others enlivening. I tried white oil at night and green paste in the daytime.

I’ve still got some left, so now my memory has been jogged, I might try it again!

I do hope that some of you have had good results with CBD. Wouldn’t it be great if it worked for all of us!

Annie x

CBD-UK
    Participant

Useful post

Helen H
    Participant

Hi Annie

I have been using 6% oil from PROVOCAN and using it for the last 6 weeks. I found it made me very chilled out and sleepy initially…but less so as my body has got used to it). I am actually wondering if it is like a opioid, and works better if not used everyday ( that being a cheaper option, I might try it).

I am continuing to use it along with my other medications. I am not sure if it is working as well as I first thought….or whether it has a placebo effect- frankly either is fine with me.

take care Helen

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Helen,

I think you’re right – it’s the placebo effect which maybe works for a while. But who cares as long as it means less pain!

As I’ve mentioned before, I still have some white and green oils left, so I might give them another try.

But there again, I think a bit of warm weather and sunshine would help us all just as much?! Roll on spring!

Good luck with it all!

Annie x

Christine
    Participant

I understand that with capsules it’s harder to absorb the CBD, and I can’t use the oil as it makes my mouth pain worse. (It’s not that the taste is unpleasant – though it is – but any strong taste worsens the pain).

Last week I bought some CBD chocolate, thinking that it would have no taste…I was wrong, of course! I’m trying work out if I could eat it with something else so that I wouldn’t taste it. Like an apple, perhaps.

You can also buy CBD-infused coffee!!!

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi All, a friend of mine has neck problems and been on all sorts of drugs to manage her pain. so while she was out in spain with a friend of ours who lives out there, she tried a spray that you spray under the tongue, CBD. and finally plucked up courage to tell her DR that this is all she uses now and the GP said as long as it works to control your pain then I cannot see a problem, if it works for you, she is at the same surgery as me. and she recommends it,and carries on her work as sewing machinist,and has her own business. she has it sent over from our friend or when she is out there she gets it. at first she thought it might be a placebo effect so she tried stopping it and within a week she was in agony again, so now uses it most of the time it does take a few days to a week to build up in her system but is fine with it.
    Just thought I would let you all know about the spray, she did say you can get different strengths in it. take care all and best wishes. Lee

Christine
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.