Cannabidiol (CBD)

Home Forums General Cannabidiol (CBD)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Christine 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

I’ve just started taking CBD in hope that it’ll help with my pain levels. I’ve found that after using it for 10 days, my sleep has improved and I haven’t had any nasty sweats or nightmares.

I realise this might just be a coincidence, but I live in hope!

Even though CBD is produced from cannabis, it is legal! It’s had all the ‘bad’ stuff removed!

There’s plenty of information online and a good Facebook site.

I’ll keep you posted, of course.

Annie x

lc
    Participant

Hi Annie, glad at present its working for you to relieve your pain. was this prescribed to to you through pain clinic or gp? if you would rather not answer thats fine i understand.just happy your finding it helps is the main thing. glad you keep us all posted and how you get on with it. take care and best wishes . Lee

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Lee,

It’s not helping with my pain as yet – just my sleep, but I live in hope! If it does help with my pain, I’ll be telling my gp!

I was introduced to the idea of cbd by a friend. I also did a lot of reading up before I started taking it.

I’ve got nothing to hide as it’s totally legal!

I just wondered if any of our group had heard of it or tried it.

Annie x

Hope
    Participant

Hi Annie
    Sativex is available on prescription , the pain clinic are more likely to prescribe it.
    I asked my GP but you can’t get it prescribed in my area, it’s a postcode lottery whether
    you can get it or not.

Could you say what brand you are taking, it’s confusing as a lot say ” hemp oil ”
    and has no cbd in it !
    Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

Hope x

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Hope,

If I wasn’t advertising I could tell you the brand of cbd I buy. They are an excellent small firm. Expensive though!

I can give the name and address to Jan to pass on to you if you like. You can look through their website.

Annie x

mrsH
    Participant

Hi Annie

I have a friend with ME who has been taking it for a few weeks and is getting a lot of pain relief…and another with Fibro who says she won’t try it in case it’s really good and she can’t afford it!

Can I ask how much a week’s worth costs you? and

Is it less addictive than other pain relievers- opoids, Tramadol etc?

anniekat
    Participant

Mrs H,

I’m glad it’s working for some with pain. It’s not addictive at all. But there’s a good Facebook site with lots of info.

I can’t tell you how much it costs me per week as I’ve only just started to take it. But one sort was £60 and another was £20, but I’m sure it’s worth shopping around.

Annie x

lc
    Participant

Hi Annie, well least your sleeping well and hope it works for you without any problems for you. i would give it a about a month by then should know wether its helping with any sort of pain relief. typical price differences of pharmacies, thats why dr surgeries keep shopping around. as i used Dermol for washing ect. now changed it to Epimax cream which i find is even better. any way hope it soon starts to give you pain relief. take care and best wishes.Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Annie – that sounds absolutely amazing!!! I have never heard of it, so thank you very much for posting, I’ll definitely have to consider checking it out, and will be keeping an eye on your posts!! Hope you keep having great results!!! best wishes AnnieD xx ps hope those bees are busy this year!!

anniekat
    Participant

Hi AnnieD,

Yes, it’s all very interesting – cbd.

The bees are very aggressive at this time of the year, and partner got stung five times today!

Annie x

dalhousie
    Participant

Hope the bites aren’t as bad as that last one!

AnnieD
    Participant

Wow – Annie it’s a great find!

Plus holy moly – I always thought beekeeping was meant to be fun, they sound like right nasty blighters at the mo, hope they calm down soon. xx

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Dalhousie, No, not quite as bad!

Hi AnnieD, Lots of reading and investigating to be done?!
    Good luck if you decide to give it a go.
    Apart from helping with sleep, I haven’t noticed any other changes. Just have to be a patient patient. It can take weeks though. So I’ll plod on with it.

Annie x

Koudez
    Participant

I purchased cbd capaules from cbd brothers, I done alot of research on them and thought they would help a family member who had a brain stem stroke, he suffers with terrible ataxia and I saw they were good for people who had parkinsons disease and helped ease their tremors, hes been on them 5 days now but hasnt seen a difference yet but I think he may need a higher dosage as there are different strengths. I believe they will help and they have also helped alot of people with their pain so much so that they could stop taking strong meds like morphine etc.. Its worth trying it is expensive as 30 capaules at 250mg cost just over £50 so if u need more than 1 a day it will be around £100 for 30 days, but id pay that if it made me pain free or helped with neuro symptoms

dalhousie
    Participant

Hi Koudez – I have neuropathic pain and am dabbling with CBD but when you’re in a bad way I think it takes a while to get in yr system and take effect. Let me know how you get on. I’m desperate to try and improve my mobility as I’m housebound. I’m taking some oil and paste from CBD bros. x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.