Bruxism and learning disabled

Home Forums General Bruxism and learning disabled

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tina
    Participant

Can anyone give me any advice please on pain relief for an autistic, learning disabled young man of 21 who is in constant pain with Bruxism. He is non verbal and this is causing challenging behaviour due to his special needs. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are not easing the pain and co-codamol is not suitable for him.

Lc
    Participant

Hi Tina, I suffer in my sleep with bruxism {teeth grinding} and was told by my dentist to wear a mouth guard at night as I was wearing teeth down and actually fractured one which I had to have out just recently. and my dentist said that the best thing for tooth pain is paracetamol . I was using my back pain meds and it wasn’t touching the pain. so I would either see dentist / GP and see if there is anything else your son could try with pain meds that might work for him and also if it would be advisable for him to wear a mouth guard at times when he is doing this, which should ease the pain without the meds.. but whether he would wear a guard could be a challenge in itself. but maybe if you can reassure him thats its going to help with tooth pain might help. take care and best wishes, Lee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.