BREATHWORKS MINDFULNESS FOR HEALTH ONLINE COURSE

Home Forums General BREATHWORKS MINDFULNESS FOR HEALTH ONLINE COURSE

This topic contains 34 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Helen H 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Helen H
    Participant

Thank you so much Lee for being so encouraging! I am noticing how things change from moment to moment, and am feeling less ‘stuck’. This can be disconcerting/unpleasant/blissful at different times, and I am feeling incredibly creative too.

I do think this course is excellent value for money as you have all the resources and guided online meditations to use when you finish.

Hope you are out enjoying the wheelchair- we are getting lots of Springlike weather here.

Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, I found that I got more creative to, and now Use it more to get over the unpleasant/difficult times, as creativity brings me joyfulness and happiness.
    It sounds as though the course your on, online is a good one and glad you are finding it Useful and value for money. I can tell by the way you are writing you are beginning to break free.and feeling less Stuck. Keep it up and keep going. . I am right behind you on this one. so feel free to turn round and ask any questions on anything Ok.

Yes getting the hang of the wheelchair again, as the last time i was in one was when I fractured pelvis. it certainly keeping me fitter than trying to keep up on crutches. also not raising pain levels to much, so i can carry on for much longer. feels like I going to end up like the incredible hulk on arms LOL. great work out. weather been good here to feels like summer.
    take care and best wishes. Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Hi Lee
    you have been so helpful and encouraging since I first came onto this forum over 4 years ago. Your perspective is much appreciated, and not just by me.

Would you consider writing a piece for my Blog about your experiences of using mindfulness and creativity to live a good life with pain? It would also be good to include photos of your creativity.

It would be really helpful to end my Blog about this course, with the experience of someone who has been doing this for years. You can be anonymous if you prefer.

If you don’t want to/don’t have time, I quite understand.

Helen

Jan- If Lee is interested pls give him my email. Thanks for all you do, Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, I would love to, but not quite sure how to start. I am ok with giving support to people and telling them how art helps, but to writing a piece about myself like that, I seemed to have gone blank. LOL you have put me on the spot. I would have to think more as I tend to just blurt things out and straight to the point. Would probably need help . I am quite happy to let you talk about me in your blog from what you know of me, if it makes it easier.I would need time to think about how to condense my 23 or so years of pain and my experience into a shorter version. take care and best wishes . Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Hi Lee

How would you feel if I emailed you a few questions and you answered them and I edited into a Blog?

Pls say if you would really rather not. I do feel you have quite a gift for writing about pain, but please say if you would rather not. In other words, if it is something you might enjoy doing I will help you, but if you’d rather not then let’s leave it. You help many on here as it is, and blogging is not everyone’s cup of tea.
    Best wishes
    Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, Although blogging is not my cup of tea, I would like to help you, and that sounds Good, if you could email me a as many questions as you like, and I answer them. then you can edit it into a blog. that sounds better to me. personally I dont blog and don’t know how to start, it’s not really my thing, but am happy to help you. sorry if it puts more work onto you, but it helps me to know what to write when answering questions . I give Jan my permission to let you have my email address. if you want to ask Jan for it. then you can ask what you like. is that ok with you? when it’s all completed I would enjoy reading it. cannot wait, quite excited really, as this is all new to me.quite funny reading about myself. hope this helps somewhat for you.looking forward to hearing from you soon, Take care and best wishes. Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Hi Lee

Oh that would be great! I’m looking forward to it!

JAN- pls can you give me Lee’s email, and give him mine?

Many thanks
    Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, well that was an experience, and could not let go until it was done. sorry to bombard you with it all. but you can now sort it in your own leisure. I’m sure it will keep you busy LOL. hope it wasn’t overwhelming for you. cannot wait to read and see how you have done it. Take care and best wishes. Lee

Helen H
    Participant

HI Lee
    thank you so much for putting in so much hard work.
    I will get back to you when I have the ‘spoons’ as this week they have been a bit lacking.

Spk to you soon
    Helen

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, No problem. and No rush, just take it all in your stride, if there is anything else you want to ask or add or something you don’t quite understand then just ask. I hope I haven’t exhausted you with my bombardment. Hope you get some extra spare spoons soon , best wishes and take care,Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Helen – oh wow another great creative person in our midst! Really I’m just envious due I’ve only got practical skills – ha ha!! That little elephant is so cute & gorgeous. I have to say I only do the focus on the breath mindfulness exercise, as it’s the only one my frazzled brain can avoid being distracted from on – ha ha!! what a great read & well done you! Plus getting Lee a special guest spot, he really is our mindfulness guru on this site. take care & best wishes AnnieD xx

Helen H
    Participant

Hi Annie

and thank you so much- I happy to know you enjoyed the Blog. Don’t sell yourself short as practical skills are essential for those of us who are impractically minded.
    I am really looking forward to editing Lee’s Blog and I think everyone will appreciate his thoughts and experiences.

Take care
    Helen

Helen H
    Participant

Hello everyone

I have about another 10 days left on the course so…

Here is the penultimate series of Blogs about the process of doing the Breathworks Mindfulness for Health Online Course:

Enjoy!

https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/03/brexisnt-keeping-on-mindfulness-4.html

lc
    Participant

Hi HelenH, Well done, you have nearly all the tools, it is no quick fix, but a way of life and really knowing and feeling yourself in the moment, also really accepting that this is who you are, now, is one of the hardest parts, you will know when you have truly accepted this is who you are, as it feels like one day a great burden has lifted off of you and that big heavy sack you have been dragging behind you has gone and you feel lighter and as time goes by each day while keep practicing you will start to see more and more brightness in your days regardless of the illnesses that you live with and have to take vigilant care of. I have enjoyed following your posts and feel happy for you that you have truly stuck this out. keep going Helen and the days will get brighter. and you may find it a bit easier to get through the rough days which are just a moment in time. hour by hour ,day by day ect. I am the same with my meds i am very regimental about it. even my kids have a joke with me about it all, but its all only banter, Take care and best wishes. Lee

lc
    Participant

Hi Helen, forgot to mention that might help you, when in really bad pain I think of myself sitting on a platform with a long train wizzing through the station,but I am another person looking at me, this i relate to my pain, non stop whizzing train, but I try and focus on points and small gaps between the carriages and if you focus hard enough you can see the brightness and wonder of the fields through these small gaps in the whizzing train. these are the small moments of bliss that i can focus and keep focusing on, the wonder and animals ,insects of the world. even though the train is going so fast I can still see the other side of the platform and the fields ect. hope you get my drift.It does take a lot of practice, but works for me to cope. also another way of meditation, that I thought I’d share with you and others. take care and best wishes. Lee

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.