Back problems

Home Forums General Back problems

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rose 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Deanspate44
    Participant

Hi and thanktou for accepting me.

I’d like a little advice if possible please, I don’t visit Drs hospitals etc for reasons I can only explain as it terrifies me My problem is this. For the last 6 to 8 weeks I’ve felt like something is attached to my back. It’s in the middle all the way from the left to the right. Almost like I’m wearing a scarf securely wrapped around me that I can only feel across the middle of my back . Now it’s not painful more wierd almost like 2 hands pressing firmly but not enough to hurt. Also when I bend over and stand back up suddenly I become disoriented and have fell over a couple of times. I’m not sure if these 2 things are connected at all I’m not feeling unwell a little more tired than usual but not I’ll. I’ve read several things on Google but as always according to that I’m dying. I really don’t like to bother local health authorities and seem to mend myself . This has genuinely got me a little unnerved though. So thought I would ask here if anyone can spread a little light for me. Thankyou for reading this and any information will be greatly appreciated. Dean

PaulT_99
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry to hear of this. But i feel even with your fears of a doctor. You really must see one.
    Perhaps your local GP can do a house visit ?. Im sure if you discuss your fears they will arrange that.

Rose
    Participant

To Paul _99 : GPs do not do house visits . Even when one is very ill, one has to find a way to get to the surgery. ( in my area & I suspect many other areas too)
    To Dean: I understand your predicament , I rarely go myself, but on this occasion, I feel it may be best to bite the bullet and go. It is going to take you a while to get an appointment. If it was me, I would see if your surgery does appointments on line. Not just for that reason but also to check out which GPs are male or female if you would like the choice. Can help to have some info to hand if you are making an appointment by phone. Which these days often have to be made at a set time of day..All surgeries seem to differ in this. The other option would be to go into your surgery and book an appointment that way , but I don’t know your transport situation. If you decide to go and see a GP. Then write your symptoms down on a blank postcard or similar so you know you have it to hand and you can always hand it over in case you may have forgotten something. Best wishes for getting an appointment to suit you.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Rose. Reason: Adding words

PaulT_99
    Participant

Hi Rose.
    My GP does. he visited me just 2 weeks ago, and has done many times in the past.

Rose
    Participant

Well then Paul , you are very, very fortunate to be living in the area that you do.

Raphael
    Participant

Hello

I think you need to take a deep breath and phone up for an appointment. With your symptoms it is a bit out of the ordinary.

Good luck
    Raphael

lc
    Participant

Hi Dean, I sometimes get a feeling as if rope has been put around my waist and pulled really tight but this tends to wear off within a couple of hours. when you bend down and stand up suddenly I go dizzy but I do have a hearing problem, but think this could be due to sudden rush of blood which you might find is quite common in young and older people. more common if your tall. but agree with the rest on here, make that appointment or ask to see if they would come out to you, and explain your concerns. either way put your mind at rest, and get it checked out. better safe than sorry. the sooner the better. and for your own peace of mind. let us know how you get on. take care and best wishes. Lee

Rose
    Participant

Been thinking Dean, any chance you could get a friend or relative to go with you to see the GP. Can help even if only to remember what the Doctor has said. I tend to take a friend with me when seeing a consultant. I was interested to read about your “scarf” feeling as I get a pressing “band” at the top of my leg every so often ( I have it now) but it does disappear after a few days until the next time.
    It’s not good to fall and must be worrying for you. And worrying isn’t good either. So please make that appointment . You may find it it goes easier than your past experiences.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.