Arc4Health Trial Updates

Home Forums General Arc4Health Trial Updates

This topic contains 106 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Laura 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Christine
    Participant

Hello Laura and Lee, I am also finding it tedious! Because it’s too big for my arm, I’m wearing it on my leg, and daren’t leave the house while it’s on in case I knock it, so have to time things quite carefully.
    I was wondering what would happen if you missed a day (I forgot the other day until about 7 p.m. but still had three hours before going to bed), or if for some reason you couldn’t do it one day.
    Perhaps we are being impatient, I don’t know.

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine, Nothing would happen as far as I’m concerned, I did say to Chloe about it as I had a couple of days I didn’t wear it, and went on my Tens because of increased nerve pain and needed a break, Chloe said it didn’t matter just wear it as much as you can,and keep to the program, then said some people it helps within a couple of weeks, others it starts to work around the 6 week and some it takes a bit longer, and for a minority it doesn’t work for them.I resorted to wearing it around my ankles after a few days as I kept knocking it when it was around my arms. So missing a day won’t make much difference. I was Hoping that it worked quite quick to some relief of pain and wear it as and when I needed it. So a bit disappointed really, But so far It has not worked at all for me, in any way.
    Hope other’s get something from this device. by the end of trial. If so I would love to know who what benefit. take care and best wishes. Lee

Lorna5
    Participant

I agree with Lee maybe it works for mild pain but it’s doing nothing for me was wearing it with my tens today I just put it on my leg under trousers and ignore
    Lorna

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

Interesting to hear how we’re all getting on.

I’m sticking to ‘the rules’ and wearing it around my ankle for the three hours in the evening infront of the TV. So I’m not finding it difficult or intrusive.

But I’m disappointed as I’m in more pain now than I was when I started using it. It’s very tempting to chuck the whole experiment! But I’ll try not to.

Hope we get some benefits from all this.

Annie x

Christine
    Participant

It’s good to know that it doesn’t matter if you do miss a day.

I’m waitng for someone to feel better!!

Christine

Astra
    Participant

Hi all
    Like Annie, I’ve stuck to ‘the rules’. I use it on my arm each evening whilst I’m just sitting and watching TV, so I haven’t found it awkward or intrusive.

I haven’t noticed any difference in my pain levels so far, which is obviously very disappointing, but I’ll stick with it for the full 6 weeks (today will be day 3 of week 4).

From what I understood, I wasn’t expecting instant relief, but it would be nice to have some indication that it’s doing something!

IF (and it’s a big IF) it works it would be worth the price tag to me, since nothing else has worked for me at all.

I’m trying to remain hopeful.

anniekat
    Participant

Is everyone using the carbon-type pads instead of the super-sticky ones?

I much preferred the sticky ones as I find that the other ones let the cuff slip and slide about.

Annie x

Christine
    Participant

I am, and agree.

Christine

Laura
    Participant

I’m using the carbon pads, I agree they do tend to slide a bit but the super sticky ones are too sticky for my fragile skin. Even with the carbon ones I’m getting bruises.

I’m following the plan like others but no evidence of any pain relief so far.

Christine
    Participant

It has flaws, but I think if it was helping we wouldn’t be so aware of them. I think I’m getting more used to using it, but am having more (and new) pain. I wonder if it’s because we’re being flooded with the ATP we’ve been lacking, and it’s to do with that? If that makes sense.

Christine

Lorna5
    Participant

My pain levels are awful really struggling hadnt thought this may be a factor

lc
    Participant

Hi All, That’s a strange one Christine and Lorna, pain levels rising. more and new pain since wearing this device. You sure it has not got anything to do with the colder and damp weather, as this always effects me more in winter months.
    AS this device goes, I have not noticed anything different from what I normally am. Take care all and best wishes. Lee

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m feeling in more pain, but I’m sure, like Lee says, it’s the sudden cold, damp, dull weather. I certainly haven’t felt any improvement in pain levels using the device. I wish!

Annie x

Hope
    Participant

Hi All , I’m getting fed up of using it now , it wouldn’t be so
    bad but I was hoping it would ease my chronic back pain but nothing
    so far .I’m just starting week 4 . Now I don’t know if it’s helping my bladder pain but it has been easier since I started using it . I suffer with a bladder problem that causes terrible burning pain if I eat certain food and drink, since using the device it’s not been as
    bad . I couldn’t afford to buy the unit but I’m wondering what happens
    to them if you send them back ? Surely they wouldn’t be able to sell
    them to someone else? I’m just hoping this bladder relief keeps up !!

Laura
    Participant

Have moved the device to my leg as it was giving me skin problems on my arms. No change in pain levels unfortunately, was up until 2 a.m today with horrible pain in my legs and have just got over a month’s bout of kidney pain but the device hasn’t helped one bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.