Arc4Health Trial Updates

Home Forums General Arc4Health Trial Updates

This topic contains 106 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Laura 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Lorna5
    Participant

I’m trying to just go through the 6 week programme they suggest but after 2nd day of 3 hour treatment I can’t feel anything
    Lorna

Astra
    Participant

Hi all
    I’m on day 2. Going to work through the 6 week programme as suggested & see how it goes. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is feeling a bit stiff and achey, but not sure if that’s to do with the device or a hangover from the really bad flare I had at the weekend, though it is very similar to the sensation I had after acupuncture, but more widespread.

I’m not really expecting any improvement just yet. Everything crossed!

anniekat
    Participant

Hi All,

I received my device yesterday and I’m going to start using it this morning. I think I’ll work through the 6 week programme.

How on earth do you get your sleeves over the top of the device?!

Where is everyone else placing their stickies? Chloe said that, as micro current works systemically, they don’t have to be put on the actual site of the pain.

Good luck. Lets hope it helps us all!

Annie x

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

I asked Chloe about not getting any sensation from the device and she says,

Devices such as TENS use much stronger currents which aim to provide electro stimulation in order to temporarily mask the pain, whereas microcurrent works completely differently by using a much smaller current on a cellular level to increase the production of ATP, with the aim of addressing the source of pain. That is why microcurrent can be a really useful option for people who suffer from neuropathic pain or nervous system hypersensitivity, as the microcurrent is below the levels of sensory stimulation and cannot be felt.

Jan at PainSupport 🙂

Christine
    Participant

First impressions: it seems quite cumbersome somehow. I am “wearing” it on my leg because of sleeves, as annikat mentioned. (Chloe said that some people do put it on their legs).

Yesterday I didn’t have the rib pain I would normally have in the evening. But that’s just one day!

Christine

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Christine, I think that’s what I’ll do, put it round my leg! And I’ll put the stickers on my lower arm. Annie x

lc
    Participant

Hi All, Well this is day 3 of wearing it all day, till I go to bed, that is between 15 and 18 hours a day. I started using it on my left arm then yesterday put it on my right, but kept knocking it, as I’m not used to things strapped to my upper arms so today, put it around my ankle. and swap tomorrow . I’m just using the 2 chronic pain programs alternatively each day, I will use it for 4 weeks and if i don’t notice anything by then then I am sending it back as by this time i think if it’s going to work I would expect some sort of difference, as if that don’t work then the device is no good for me, so far nothing. still the same as i normally am so far. take care all and hope that we get some benefit from this device. best wishes, Lee

anniekat
    Participant

Why didn’t I realise that the stickers clip to the back of the cuff?! Helps to read instructions first. Duh! Anyway, I’ve set it on for the first 2 weeks setting and it’s quite comfortable around my leg. Annie x

Christine
    Participant

I found the instructions in the manual very sparse, so have printed them from the website.
    It’s a big piece of kit – and what a huge box!

Lorna5
    Participant

Thanks everyone putting mine on my leg too now haven’t noticed any benefits yet though
    Lorna

Laura
    Participant

Day 2 for me, having to use the black pads with the gel as the sticky white ones gave me a bruise while trying to tug them off (I have fragile skin so should have realised..)

I found I had to not wear my thermal tops as I can’t fit the armband underneath so tried my leg but it kept slipping down.

I found the info quite difficult to understand at first. No sign of any pain relief so far but it’s worth a go anyway.

anniekat
    Participant

The sticky pads manage to stick like limpets, so I’m glad I put the device around my ankle as I think I’d have taken skin off my upper arm! X

Christine
    Participant

They are really tacky,aren’t they! I think the size of the thing is a bit of an issue, but that wouldn’t matter if it helped.

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi All, I have been using the round black pads and the gel, It doesn’t rip your skin off trying to get them off, Just make sure if you do use them not to let the pads go dry as you may feel that it gets slight warmth from them, it doesn’t burn not that hot. this is what i use with my Tens as sometimes it pulls and is a bit sore on your back with the sticky ones. take care and best wishes, Lee

Lorna5
    Participant

So still no change not sure what to expect or when but nothing so far

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.