Any good films…….?!

Home Forums General Any good films…….?!

This topic contains 112 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  lc 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author

lc
    Participant

Hi All, a few days go watched the house with a clock in its walls with jack black, that was quite a good film. anyone seen fantasic beasts and where to find them, seen the first one but not yet seen the second called the crimes of grindelwald.

Christine
    Participant

I haven’t seen either. My husband is waiting for Peterloo, the new Mike Leigh film, to be released. He said we can wait for The Little Stranger to come out on DVD!!

anniekat
    Participant

Love all Mike Leigh’s films. X

Christine
    Participant

Is anyone going to see Bohemian Rhapsody, the fim about Freddie Mercury and Queen? It hasn’t got very good reviews, but people commenting seem to love it.

The films you mentioned, Lee, are with Eddie Redmayne? He was good as Stephen Hawking.

Christine

lc
    Participant

Hi Christine, Yes the fantastic beasts films has him in it as main character

InPainAgain
    Participant

I’m waiting for it to come on nowTVs movie package or Netflix,but I’m a big queen fan and think queen in general; Freddie was one of many fantastic people willing to sacrifice themselves in a way of sorts-for the progression of LGBT. Adam Lambert (who took Freddie’s place in Queen in recent years) doesn’t have the energy,the power, the showmanship that Freddie had,I think they should have disbanded with Freddie’s death as he was the engine that moved the band in my view.
    Me and one of my support staff and my mum are very much looking forward to the movie.

Astra
    Participant

One of my all time favourites is Rabbit Proof Fence. Based on a true story about how the Australian government tried to “protect” the Aborigines by essentially kidnapping any mixed race children. Have the tissues handy.

Another is Hair. Don’t watch if you’re easily offended – there’s a lot of nudity and some very rude songs! Definitely not one to watch with the kids/grandkids. Great story though.

Stand By Me is great too. I’m a big Stephen King fan, but they usually make a bit of hash of making his books into films. This is one of the few that was done well, along with Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

lc
    Participant

Hi All, went to see the bohemian rhapsody last night , really good film about the life of freddie mercury Queen . a long film it is about 2 hours or just over. but kept you watching all the way through. even my 22 year old son really enjoyed it. brings me back to the live aid concert in ’85 LOL take care all and best wishes. Lee

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.