Any good films…….?!

Home Forums General Any good films…….?!

This topic contains 112 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  lc 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

anniekat
    Participant

We’ve got a ‘good read’ thread. How about our favourite films – either ones we’ve seen or are looking forward to seeing. I can watch ‘Out of Africa’ time after time!

Annie x

Great idea for a new topic, Annie. I don’t watch many films but loved these oldies: The English Patient and Some Like it Hot. I’m looking forward to see the Gone Girl film as I enjoyed the book so much.
    Jan at PainSupport

anniekat
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Yes, I read ‘Gone Girl’ and friends tell me that the film is excellent. I’m also looking forward to the Steven Hawking film. And the Grand Budapest Hotel.

Laura
    Participant

We can always rely on Annie to come up with a good idea! Make the next one fave music!

My all time favourite film is Love Story. It came out just as I had my first proper boyfriend (early 1970s)and I cried all the way through the film!

I so wanted to be Ali McGraw as I also loved Ryan O’Neill. Strange that some films do the rounds very, very regularly yet I’ve only seen this film on TV 3 times since it was released…. happy memories.

anniekat
    Participant

The film I saw with my first boyfriend was ‘The Sinking of the Titanic’. The original black and white version. Now that DOES date me! X

Di
    Participant

I can watch Notting Hill time and time and time again. It’s Julia Roberts; that smile is so infectious and brightens me up every time.
    I don’t normally watch films; I can’t sit through them but there was one on TV over Christms that for the first time gripped me so much I watched it right through and I’m blowed if I can now remember what it was

Claire
    Participant

Captain Phillips is excellent

Phil McCheddar
    Participant

Two very moving films are “The Browning Version” with Michael Redgrave, and “The Elephant Man”.

For a good belly laugh you can do much better than Laurel & Hardy in “Way Out West” or “Sons of the Desert”, and the Marx Brothers in “A Night at the Opera”.

I thought the BBC dramatisation of Martin Chuzzlewit (available on DVD and Youtube) was the best thing ever to come out of the BBC.

demi
    Participant

I enjoyed the film “Australia” with Nicole Kidman and the gorgeous Hugh Jackman be warned though it is quiet a long one though about 2 and a half to 3 hours can`t remember exactly sorry but well worth it though!
    Another all time favourite of mine is “Ghost” with my name sake Demi Moore and the late Patrick Swayze and the fantastic Whoopi Goldberg, its both funny and a tear jercker, youll definetely need the tissues handy, or in my case towels 🙂 :-)! I really like the Sister Act films too, they always get the laughter going 🙂 :-).

Happy viewing everyone Love Demi xx 🙂

anniekat
    Participant

Anybody like the Cohen brothers films? ‘Burn After Reading’. Weird, I know!

jean
    Participant

What we did in the holidays with Billy Connolly and David Tennant, Funny one

New Exodus remake of the Ten Commandments.

Mockingbird Jay (part 1) Third one of THe Hungar Games

anniekat
    Participant

Hi film watchers,

Recently I’ve watched ‘Captain Phillips’ – so tense and not to be watched before bedtime! Also saw ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’, which was not at all as I expected. Very quirky! And enjoyable. Looking forward to ‘Gone Girl’ that’s just come out on DVD.

Annie x

anniekat
    Participant

Watched ‘The Book Thief’ at the weekend. Lovely – happy/sad.

Laura
    Participant

We watched 10 Rillington Place over the weekend, with Richard Attenborough, Judy Geeson and John Hurt.

Really tense and creepy film but great acting and of course based on a true story. John Hurt played Timothy Evans, who was hanged but was innocent, he was pardoned after a few years.

anniekat
    Participant

I enjoyed that one too, Laura.

Has anyone watched ’12 Years a Slave’?

Have discovered I can reserve DVDs from our local library, so the film world is my oyster now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.