A pain in the butt injury on flight any advice pls

Home Forums General A pain in the butt injury on flight any advice pls

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieD 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi all I was queuing for toilets on flight yesterday & another passenger sent me flying so I fell on my butt. It really hurt & I am struggling to walk, cannot lie on My back. I haven’t broken my coccyx, as my hubbie has done so previously, so I can sit ok, he wants me to go to hospital here overseas. I want to try & hang out until back home in Saturday. It is so painful, so am overdosing in my newly found ylang ylang, which is calming my tense

body. I am hoping U am just badly bruised, but keep getting severe nerve pain. Anyone who has had a similar predicament – I would greatly appreciate any amazing words of wisdom. I stood for 10 mins in freezing sea to see if I needed to reduce any swelling, and hot shower has made no difference. Thank you & best wishes Annie D xx

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  AnnieD. Reason: Typos

lc
    Participant

Hi Annie, it sounds as if just bruised or you may have just bruised a nerve but just get yourself checked over. if you landed a bit funny you may have jarred a nerve in your back. either way get it checked out to be be on the safe side. take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee bless you, went to pharmacy yesterday, they have given me diclofenac 150mg, which has taken the edge off some of the pain. He told me to take twice a day, but when googled it it said no more than 150mg. My worry about going to hospital is if they say I’m not fit to fly home, as I can still only sit leaning forwards. Yes I’ve done some damage just not sure what. Thank you for replying & take care AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi Annie, I used to be on that years ago, but they took it off me as I was taking them like smarties in the end with no effect, it did work for a while though, its up to you, I think personally as soon as I get back I would book myself into GP to get checked out as you seem to be managing at moment. get home first. unless it becomes more painful that you cannot manage then go somewhere over there. by leaning forward it sounds like your taking pressure of nerve. a bit like stenosis. you may have just bruised a nerve and hope it all settles down soon for you, take care and best wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee urgent care centre when can”t get gp appointment is next to A&E so will head-on Saturday, as my range of movement is so restricted. Yep i*m sure I Georgia years ago too. If we weren’t experts in managing pain think I would have gone to hospitalhere. Grimace and ylang ylang. Plus I think my hubbie his foot last night irascible resistance his little tie is at an odd angle – I feel like this’ll was not meant to be lol

Christine
    Participant

Wondering how you are now, Annie.

Christine

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Christine – how sweet of you to ask – a lady with a heart of gold!! 🌟

I made it home whoop whoop! I went to the Urgent Care Centre on Saturday due concern over my toilet issues worsening, and my tailbone and buttocks are only badly bruised. I still can’t lie on my back/front, only my side, and sit leaning forwards, and going upstairs is absolute agony, as well as shuffle along slowly – but otherwise having taken arnica has helped a lot with the inflammation, that I can now actually feel my bruised tailbone. They have told me due my existing issues it is likely to take even longer to recover than a healthy person, and that it was the worst kind of accident I could have – don’t I know it – ha ha!!

I have had to increase my ylang ylang dosage by upping the volume of drops, which is really helping me remain calm, and my poor husband broke his toe out there and is walking slower than me – so is also loving the ylang ylang too, that I now think this holiday wasn’t meant to be – ha ha!!

Are you finding any benefit at all with the ylang ylang? As I also came across this as I’m pondering adding more into the mix to help me get through the next month –
    Anti-inflammatory – Anti-inflammatory compounds in essential oils help to reduce inflammation or swelling, including in cases of arthritis and tendinitis. Examples include blue tansy, yarrow and sandalwood essential oils.

Anti-spasmodic – Compounds present in some essential oils have anti-spasmodic tendencies, which stop the spasming of muscles. They halt the transmission of parasympathetic nerve impulses and lessen muscle spasming. Examples of such essential oils include marjoram, basil and juniperberry.

Sedative – Some essential oils such as lavender and clary sage have natural sedative properties, which help to induce calmness and promote sleep.

Stimulatory – Stimulatory effects in essential oils such as geranium, help raise the levels of physiological or nervous system function in the body.

Nervine – Natural nervine compounds found in essential oils have the ability to calm the nerves. Some essential oils like helichyrusm, ylang ylang and rosemary have potent nervine properties.

Adaptogenic – Adaptogenic essential oils like geranium, when applied topically result in the stabilization and balancing of physiological processes. They also reduce stress within cells.

I hope you’re okay? take care & best wishes AnnieD xx

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, Blimey Annie your like a naturalist walking pharmacy, Lotions and potions.Your not a modern day witch are you? ONLY joking with you, Glad to hear your home ok and you didn’t do anything more serious, Hoping you have a speedy recovery from what you done,and are now slowly on the mend. I understand how you feel I have had holidays like that 2nd day into it and went over on my ankle , next day, up hospital and ended on crutches, that was some time ago now though. besides your accident I hope you still managed to enjoy your holiday some what beside being in more pain. take care and best wishes. Lee

Helen H
    Participant

Just to say take care AnnieD
    Sounds like you have had a rough time.
    and thanks for all the info on oils for us all to think about. I have lost a bit of confidence with mine, so you have given me food for thought.

Take care
    Helen

Christine
    Participant

Glad you’re recovering, Annie, though it does sound pretty grim to have had to go through.

I find the ylang-ylang a bit overpowering, but also bought some frankincense, which is meant to be anti-inflammatory, and have used it on my ribs. I’m not sure about the effects yet.

For some reason my neck and shoulders have gone into spasm – or something – which hasn’t happened for a long time. You’ve reminded me to take arnica! It is difficult when you can’t take drugs. Have you, speaking of arnica, come across Traumeel? It comes as drops or a cream, possibly also a gel. It was recommended by my chiropractor. It’s arnica and other things.

Christine

AnnieD
    Participant

Thank you Lee, Helen & Christine for you very kind words! I won’t be shaking my tail feathers any time soon – ha ha!!

Sorry ylang ylang is not working out for you Christine, I’m wearing it as a perfume, and my hubbie is applying all over his head, he can’t believe the difference – tee hee!! I’ve never heard of traumeel, so thanks for mentioning this, I prefer taking things orally so will check it out.

Helen – I would say it’s all about finding the right concentration level for you, I’ve done some other posts on it which you might find helpful too as I’m only slowly learning.

Lee – funny you should mention that, as home is where I park my broom!

Have a great weekend all! take care & best wishes AnnieD

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.