Facet joint injections

Home Forums General Facet joint injections

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bizzygag
    Participant

I am sorry that the injections didn’t work for you either. I was told that they were as much a diagnostic aid as a pain relief. Which is just as well, because they have actually made the pain worse. I wonder if anyone can relate to the “spasms” that I am now suffering. My back just clenches up and the pain is excruciating, I cannot move and my legs feel like lead. This lasts for a few minutes until I am able to move again. It started happening after the facet joint injections, and is happening every day now. I am quite scared. Gobowen have not been back to me with a follow up appointment yet, and it has been well over a month since I had them. I am very grateful to have this site to “vent” on!

toddy
    Participant

I am having spasms too which started after the injections. I think they have done something with the nerves in my back.

The pain clinic usually send me a follow up appointment for about 3 months.
    I am begining to think it is all a waste of time as there doesnt seem to be much help for my pain.

I really hope the patches work. I am just going to put it on now. I didnt realise it would be so big, dont know where I am going to put it as I dont want it to be seen.

Does anyone know why it has to be placed above waist height. I would love to be able to stick it on my thigh instead of upper chest.

Ann

bizzygag
    Participant

Hi, in answer to the question about patches, I am on duragesic patches, and actually place them high up on my back………To be honest, I would wear them on my forehead if I thought it would help… even if they were printed…. “beware, backache and short fuse!” God bless and good luck.

Liz
    Participant

Laugh….perhaps mine should also say “backache-beware short fuse”, but they would have to be t-shirt sized….a new marketing venture!!!

Seriously, fentanyl patches have really helped me. I put them on my upper chest or arms, although also have no idea why!!! Be interesting if anyone has the answer.

Liz x

Anonymous
    Inactive

precious2u-Indiana Hello Toddy, I have had injections also for my fibro, 18 in one sitting. I had this done at a Pain Management Center. I had 4 in my head, 4 in my shoulders, 4 in my spine, 4 in my hips, 4 in my knees, front and back and the other was in one of my foot. I never did see a difference from any of them. I have so many health issues that I’ll have to add later. I hope you find much needed results soon. It’s just that every one is different on the length of time it takes to work. Keep me posted as I am really concerned and would like to stay up with your progress, if that’s okay with you. Good luck and take care. God bless and Gentle hugs to you,
    precious2u!!

Ali
    Participant

Hi Ann,

I wear the Bu-Trans patch on my back, I think they request the patch is worn on the upper body for absorption into the blood stream ( Nearest to the heart). This way I can have a bath without it getting wet.
    I am concerned that a couple of you have had muscle spasms after these injections, as I get the already I don’t want them to get worse after I have mine in June..

Kind regards to all,

Ali

toddy
    Participant

Just a quick update.

The facet joint injections have def not worked and I have put the Butrans patches in the bin.
    I couldnt cope with feeling spaced out and falling asleep all the time especially as I was not getting any pain relief from them.

Not on any pain meds at the mo and I am in agony

janbjan
    Participant

Hi
    I just wonder why some are given facet joint injections which I hear are painful to have and you don’t get instant results and some are offered medial branch blocks which are a lot less painful give an instant result if they work and you can then go on and have radiofrequency to kill the nerves more permantly. Anyone know the answer to this? Or is it purely the Consultants preference.

bizzygag
    Participant

I think the different options offered must depend on the consultant’s experience. My facet joint injections hurt like hell. Worst thing I have ever experienced, and even as it was happening I was thinking this shouldn’t feel like this. Since the injections the pain is definitely worse and I am having spasms of pain which are off the scale! The fentanyl works in a way. That is to say I do not get amazing pain relief, but as I also suffer from fibro, it certainly dulls some of the other pains so that I am able to cope better. Plus I think it helps me sleep. I am getting despondent. I still have had no follow up appointment from Gobowen, apparently the consultant I am supposed to see (though never have!) is off sick. I feel I am just a nuisance to everyone.

janbjan
    Participant

Hi
    I know my Consultant does them all and the medial branch block does give instant results although temporary as it is diagnostic, it is done under sedation so you don’t feel a thing afterwards it’s only tender for a while where you’ve been injected. I have scoliosis on top ddd and spinal stenosis and my shoulders were almost inline with each other after having it done normally my right shoulder is two inch lower than my left. I could stand without feeling half as much pain. Minor miracle for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.