PLantar Fasiitis

Home Forums General PLantar Fasiitis

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

If only I could wear something like that, but, like so many otherwise suitable shoes, they don’t work with my orthotics. No matter how hideous and expensive my shoes, my feet still have this mysterious pain, and now I don’t dare to move a step without shoes+ orthotics, even going from the bedroom to the bathroom.
    The current orthotics are not so bad as previous ones (They are my fifth pair), but they are still limiting; also the podiatrist set down some strict rules, i.e. shoes have to have laces and have a half inch heel pitch (not heel). I’ve had to get rid of so many pairs of shoes over the years. I used to do contemporary dance; perhaps this has a bearing.

Christine. (I hate my orthotics!!!)

janbjan
    Participant

Hi Christine
    I have Neuroma in my left foot which basically is the bones between the third and fourth toe on my left foot rub together and create what I can only say feels like an electic current. Anyway my podiatrist made me an insole specialially for my foot to keep the bones seperate.Didn’t do much good plus looks awefull if you want to wear sandals. Anyway I kept seeing these flyflots being advertised on the shopping channel and people saying how good they were and how many pairs they had so eventually I thought I would try a pair you had 30 days to try them so what did I have to lose. I haven’t looked back since. Plus I’m diabetic and have poor circulation so I can’t do to have my feet restricted bt tights or socks so they are perfect. I now buy them on line as the postage and packaging is cheaper.

Regards
    Janet

organiclemon
    Participant

Jane I think as you say being sensible. What is difficult is that there is poor evidence for any type of treatment so it is trial and error I guess. I have some specially made shoes with orthotics from an orthotist-have to say the orthotist at the Royal free is fantastic and shoees v comfortable and look fine.
    I am nervous about physio simply for fear of pain there however have to try something in addition to injections. The prolotherapy is so very painful I never expected it this bad but they say the first one is the worst. I will give a physio a go and see -can claim some sessions on insurance but too many will eat up allowance so have to be careful. These shoes from the shopping channel sound good but without orthotics fitted I won’t be able to wear them and I need specially designed orthotics.
    Thanks for all the suggestions here.
    Fenella

Christine
    Participant

Janet, that’s interesting. Although my foot problem is complex (nothing is in the right place is how I think of it!), the podiatrist has said that occasionally I can wear ‘nice’ shoes for a short time. So I will take another look.
    I don’t think that manufacturer does half sizes – would you advise going up or down a size?
    Christine.

janbjan
    Participant

Hi Christine
    They reccomend you go down a size if your a half size I tend to buy the clogs so I can just slip into them trust me you don’t walk out of them and the mould to your foot shape. The website is http://www.shoe-shop.com/page/home. I also have a full pair of shoes. they never wear out you get sick of the design before they do.

Regards
    Janet

janbjan
    Participant

Hi Christine
    This is the web address that tells you the benefits of flyflots.http://www.flyflot.co.uk/Health.html

Janet

Christine
    Participant

Thanks, Jan – I will go there now. Fenella, if you look at the description on the website of the machine that John has been using (the TSE thread), one of the conditions it says it treats is plantar fasciitis.
    Christine

organiclemon
    Participant

Thanks Christine. Will have a look. At last the pain from injection is easing a tad!! Will be a relief to have the pain back to what it was before injection!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.