Learn Self-Management Skills on the Internet!

Home Forums General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable) Learn Self-Management Skills on the Internet!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Learn Self-Management Skills on the Internet!

Do you have a long-term health condition?
    Do the problems caused by your condition frustrate you?
    Do you want to learn new skills to manage your condition better on a day-to-day basis?

Expert Patients Programme (EPP) Self-management courses
    now available online!

If you have a long-term health condition, are over 18 years old and live in England, you may be eligible to join EPP’s 6-week self-management course and research study online. You will learn skills needed in the day-to-day management of long-term health conditions as well as maintaining or increasing life’s activities.

The EPP Online course is an Internet based version of EPP self-management courses currently being offered in communities in England. With EPP Online, you can participate in the course at any time during each week. All that is asked is that you spend a total of 2 hours a week for six weeks, visiting the course and completing activities online. You choose the times that suit you! For the research study we will ask you to complete 3 questionnaires, one questionnaire at the time of enrolment, one in six months and one in a year. Each questionnaire will take just 20-30 minutes to complete.

To find out more visit the EPP website:

http://www.expertpatients.nhs.uk

OR

To enrol you should visit

http://healthylivinguk.stanford.edu

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would just like to say that I’ve done one of these online courses and found it very helpful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Jan

Thank you very much for let us know about this course – I’ve checked out their website and applied to enroll. It sounds exactly what I need to really get me going. I’m shortly moving to a two bedroomed ground floor flat ground floor flat close to the center of town (Taunton) and this is a really good for me – a new start!

Best wishes

Martin

Rob
    Participant

Thanks Jan. I have applied to enrol. I notice there is a course fairly local to me, but I have to guarantee to turn up every week. That wouldn’t be easy to do so this is a particularly good option for me.
    Cheers Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have had a message from the Project Manager for EPP Online (the Expert Patient Programme) to say they are close to completing the pilot and the dates of the final online courses are now known:

5th June
    19th June
    26th June
    3rd July
    10th July and
    17th July

Anyone interested on getting a place on one of the courses should visit

http://www.expertpatients.nhs.uk/online.shtml

We have had excellent feedback from PainSupport members who have already completed the course.

PainSupport Admin

Dear Jan

I would just also like to say that I have done the EPP Programme and what you are able to put in you will get back out.

I found it positive as I was able to email/speak direct with other people in my sort of situation. You eventually build up trust and a bond with other course members.

The course members that where on my course have all set up a web page where we can all talk and hopefully help each other out outside of the EPP Programme.

It is a course I would advise people to go on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.