Pain Clinic Injections?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Sam, I am the “John” that Louise referred to. I have had quite a few Facet joint injections over the last 30 months. the first lot worked for about two weeks, thereafter the effects improved my situation for about three months at a time. This enabled me to return to work after being off for many months.
    I have very recently had a “Medial branch Block” which is apparently a requisite to Denervation, if the results of this block indicate it would help. First impressions are that about 40% to 50% of pain has gone. I hope this helps you, and that you continue to improve.

sharon
    Participant

I don’t know if its the same treatment but I had an epidural where they injected dexamethasone (steriod) to reduce inflammation and painkillers and a local anaesthetic. it was reasonably successful but I was only given a small dose f each as it was just to tide me over until my surgery as I was in the fortunate postion where surgery seemed to be ( and so far has been ) the solution.

I wish you luck

Sharon

Mark
    Participant

I had a nerve block injection done on 16 feb 2004, as i had a right inguinal hernia repair with mesh and was ok for couple of months, then lifted a bag of spuds had same pain before i had hernia op. Consultant sent me to pain clinic and was given nerve block injection since injection been off work with real bad pain.

Can any one help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Mark,
    How ya doin’ now?
    Cheers Pam

Mark
    Participant

Hi Pam,

Going to see consultant 12 March to see what else they can do.

michelle
    Participant

Can anyone please tell me if they are suffering with the same problems I am having? What new avenue can be explored? I have a lumbar fusion at the l4-5 level, neck surgery at the c4-5 level. with in the past 2 months I have had 2 steroid injections in my right arm. Now the screw broke in my back & I am facing a anterior lumbar fusion.Just saw dr. last friday I now have inflammation in my sacroliac joint & facing more steroid injections! I am only 37 & am disabled by all this pain & sick of living on pain meds.Please help!!! Any advice?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sam,
    I have had more spinal nerve block injections in my neck and lumbar, than I can recall. As far as I know they are some sort of steroid/cortisone mixture. I have known people who got great relief from them – I am not one ! Still it may be worth a try. Anything is in our situation.
    God Bless,
    Perry

Marye
    Participant

Just found this forum – been looking up `facet joint injections` as my new pain clinic at Nottingham have suggested that I have one done. I have been having trouble with my lower back after a riding accident and i am very often relient on my wheelchair. Coming home from clinic I went straight to NHS direct as it was the 1st site I could think of – they advise against having it done. Saying that the pain of the actual injection is not equal to the very short relief you may get from it. I have been suffering for 12 years now and at some stages you just get fed up of being prodded and poked around. Can anyone who has had it done on the lower back give me any advice?
    Thanks
    Marye

Di
    Participant

I was due to have facet joint injections but having seen a friend have them, decided against it. She had about 2 weeks pain relief and then it came back worse. She also said the injections were very painful. Thankfully a different consultant said they would not have helped me anyway. I did have an injection of the main steroid they use, called Kenalog and had a severe reaction to it. I became very flushed for about 10 minutes every half hour and was violently sick for about a week. My GP was horrified they had sent me home straight away because some people can have severe allergic reactions to this drug. I may need steroid injections in the same area but not the facet joint but will have to have allergy tests beforehand for the alternative steroid that they use.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have had a sacroiliac injection and have found that it did not last very long. i was wondering if anyone knew the cost of an injection using flouroscopy since insurance will no longer cover it and now the doctor wants to do a few more. if anyone knows the cost please email me at shannasmithbrugueras@yahoo.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    i was offered facet joint injections several years ago, when they did not know what was wrong with me…..having read about the possible side effects, and being told that if they did not work at least they would know what was not wrong, I decided against them. I have a friend who has had them done regularly with varying results, sometimes relief depending on the skill of the doctor, but always temporary. Sorry to be negative but I was glad afterwards that I had not had them done, especially when I found out that my problems are due to a genetic condition causing a lack of fibrillin 2……will have to wait for gene therapy to advance a bit!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had facet joint injections done yesterday (2/11/05) and to belay any fears I asked for sedation and felt no pain at all in fact I can only just remember the consultant asking me a question,I now have to wait to see the results after 3 years of constant back & leg pain.Hope this was helpfull.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had over the years three lots of injections into the facet joints (six in all), always hoping that the next one will work, it is a long job, done under x-ray and I think that what is injected is cortisone, but for me none of them worked, but then and now, you think that if you turn some sort of treatment down, the pain clinic will turn round and say ” well if you don’t want this or that treatment, we will discharge you “, that is not a postion I want to get into, at the moment I go to the pain clinic every six weeks and I know for a fact that there is a 2 year waiting list for the same clinic, I feel that I am one of the lucky ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Sam
    I have had them and they did not work for me. Now saying that I have a friend who got one and he’s great. Different people. I attend a guy here in Lurgan a Hospital consultant for mine private as the waiting list for pain clinic is two years. He is a nice guy.
    Best wishes
    Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am about to have joint nerve cauterization.
    Is that what you mean by pain clinic injections??
    If so, what experience have people had??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.