weather barometer pressure

Home Forums General weather barometer pressure

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know a lot about weather because I am a pilot (not for a living!!) and because rapid changes in barometric pressure make me deaf because of a childhood ear problem. I do find that damp and cold make my joints worse, hot and dry makes my muscles worse and cold and dry makes my ligaments worse. I am best in hot and damp so I try to keep the house humid and well heated. The only thing that makes my pain die down is being in the bath, so if you know anywhere that rains hot rain all year round I will be right over!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,
    I found good info on, ‘biometeorology’ –
    relation of pain & weather at http://www.intellicast.com
    Cheers Pam

Sarah
    Participant

I’m in Australia and I have headcahes. They always get worse before a storm. Due to the drought there haven’t been many latley
    Hop that helps

Linda
    Participant

Claire UK

Claire I’m with you on this, the bath is the only place for respite, Hot rain would be most beneficial, anyone know where I can go to find some ?

Is it any easier in Majorca ? We often go 2/3 times a year, I find it very beneficial in the winter months, but is that just because we leave the snow and frost behind, whatever, its worth it, definitely.

Enjoy the British summer while its here, it might not be tommorrow !

Hope you all find your peace.
    Linda

meg
    Participant

I have hot rain for the next few months over 30 C, 97% humidity Would you like some?
    I agree that the pain is less at this time of year, but I find that the high temperature and humidity make me so tired that I struggle to cope even with this level of pain. Just can’t win! I’m really at a low point just now – if you have ideas as to how to cope please let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The weather doesn’t seem to make much difference to my pain, I have good days and bad days regardless of the weather, but whenever we holiday in Gran Canaria (my favourite hot spot!) the bad days are sognificantly fewer. Weather or state of mind? Who knows??

However, my partner finds that when we have a low pressure coming on, he gets a niggling, persistent headache that doesn’t respond to any painkillers. This has occured before we even knew a low pressure was on it’s way, so I don’t think it’s psychological pain!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a web site about nerve pain and the weather. Funnily enough its URL is http://www.nervepainandweather.co.uk . Actually it is not funny in any way just now. The unsettled conditions of the past 6 weeks or more are causing chaos in my feet and it is confirmed by a friend living only a mile away. She has a peripheral neuropathy but not clinically specified as to which one. Her neuropathy gets the same effects in the weather/pressure conditions. Torture at present.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m bringing this to the top for Di

Cheers
    Chris

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m known as Seaweed at work! Ever since I was a teenager I get pain somewhere in the region of my collar bones 12 hours before a cold front goes over.Sometimes both shoulders are affected, sometimes just one. It just comes on, jabs me painfully a few times, then disappears. A repeat within a short time warns that the rain is coming much sooner. It is incredibly accurate as a weather forecast Needless to say everyone laughs at me! On a slightly different note, my back gets very achey when the weather turns cooler or damper, just as it has done this week. I commented to a friend on Friday that I thought I was in for trouble – on Saturday morning my dodgy facet joints went snap and I spent all weekend and yesterday on my back on the floor. Only last night did I manage to stand vertical again.

Di
    Participant

Fascinating topic. I dread summer because heat and high humidity makes me feel like a limp lettuce. I have no energy at all and just drag myself around. I found on a holiday in California some years ago that the heat didn’t bother me. I was fine there where the humidity was low.
    With the nerve pain now, I am definitely affected by the weather. This last week I have been in agony; the barometer was going down and it was grey, overcast and raining lightly. Now the pressure has started to rise, even though it’s still grey and damp, I’m feeling better.
    Thanks Jan for the car/ electric shock website. My son suffers badly from that every time he gets out of the car.

Di
    Participant

Jan, the website nomoreshocking.com doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Josette
    Participant

Dear Friends,
    I have just had the best week I have had since my Fibro started. Although not entirely pain free, (the pain was in the background) I had no specific or strong pain. I felt I had more energy and I really pushed myself.
    On the Friday my daughter visited, on the Saturday my son visited, on the Sunday I went to see my parents for the day (240 mile round trip), on the Monday I put up curtains, on the Tuesday I went to the eye hospital, on the Wednesday I went to my G.P., I did housework on the Thursday and Friday and on the Saturday we had four people round for a meal.
    Although not overly stressful or physical, the above would usually have plunged me into a flare up after the first 3 days or so.
    Yesterday (Sunday) I started to flare and today (Monday) I am fully flaring!
    I had wracked my brain trying to work out why I had felt so good and I think it must have been a combination of my meds (which are more in number and stronger in dose than the last time we had similar weather) and the weather. Throughout the “good patch” it was warm (but not hot), blue skies and gentle breezes. The temperature has now dropped drastically, it is very cold and pouring with rain. I can only conclude that my flare up coincided with the change in weather, and hope for some more similar weather.
    Love
    Josette

Josette
    Participant

OOPS – by “similar weather” I meant the warm weather, not the cold rainy weather LOL.

susanliang
    Participant

Its interesting , the weather and the effect it has on us!! Good to hear that you have such a productive week Josette.
    We came back from Menorca friday night…………..had a week of lovely weather, around mid 20s with a stiff breeze from the sea. Amazing how it makes one feel so much better. I even swam in the sea twice, with my wetsuit!! and John had lots of practice pushing me around in a hired wheelchair. A great holiday for the bargain price of £400 for two, a Christmas pressie from our daughter.
    However I am now finding that the damp and cold is affecting me badly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.