weather barometer pressure

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Annie – it is definately hard to keep in the right frame of mind.. I agree. I am signed up for the expert patient program that Jan posted a while ago (at the bottom of the forum board) I hope that this will help to show us how to keep in the right mental frame of mind.

Good luck with your telescope. We have one as well – but over the last 2 years I have become too sore to use it. Going outside to star gaze in cold weather is no good for me, and I nearly dropped our telescope last time we went out and that would be a very expensive mistake!

Let me know how you get on star gazing!

annie
    Participant

hi maxine, good luck on the perfect patient prog – we had one organised in a nearby town – but it was in the pms and i’m usually too tired by then to drive and then sit for hours – but they have promised us one in my town this year – so shall put myself onto it if poss. yes, i agree, stargazing v. painful – so will have to wait until dark stary summer nights – altho did get a good look at rings of saturn and moons of jupiter! v. exciting.i still turn to music to keep me on an even keel – and try and stretch out as comfortably as i can with headphones on and it kind of detaches me from myself as it is so ‘in your ears’! but it’s hard to be motivated at times. good luck – annie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Annie – wow – you have seen some good stuff with your telescope. Before I got really bad with OA we went to Tromso (very northern part of Norway in the artic circle) to see the Northern lights and stargazing in the clear unpolluted sky. That’s when we got interested in the telescopes… it was amazing pink skies in the day as the sun was so low… perfect viewing in the night as it is so clear… but it was -25C so it was really cold. I had OA but not as bad as now and by the end of the day I couldn’t walk and had to be carried around. it was a very painful day but worth every minute. We came home and bought a telescope… just wish I could use it more often..

I also listen to music when very low and sore. I like heavy metal so I put on my favourite tracks and think of the times we saw the band live… just the effort of taking yourself to a new place mentally really helps me… it doesn’t work for everyone but usually it lessens the pain a fair bit. I hog the sofa and let myself get engrossed in the music. I also like some of the Ravi Shanka meditation music as it’s so relaxing and lets you visualise an idylic scene to relax to….

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is my subject

The barometric pressure is “Normal” at mean sea level when you have the pressure at 1013.2 Millibars. This is part of the International convention of navigators law.

So when they show a static pressure on TV to set your Barometer by do it then. The law is to do with temperature dropping as altitude increases. I have studied this for years (over 50).

High pressure and low humidity plus a good temperature around 70F or more is good for aches and pains. Low Pressure temperatures of under 60 F or below and High humidity is bad.

This is a fact —so all those Off to the sun its just not the temperature to look at. Malaya is very hot but at times a high humidity.

I always keep a number of weather references on my ISP website to refer to before I go on holiday. It usually works out. No 100% but 90% at least. I hope this solves your problem

Regards,
    Alastair

annie
    Participant

alistair – thanks for the info – don’t think i’ll be dashing off anywhere – but how on earth did you find this site?! annie

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone
    This is a fascinating topic, thanks so much, Alastair, for explaining pressure to us. For those who don’t know him, Alastair is a PainSupport regular, not just a weather expert!

I follow the weather in various places too (on-line only!) and have found the site below (which is set on the Malaga, Spain page) excellent as it gives you all the information you need: humidity, pressure, temperature, wind, etc.

Copy the whole of this address into your browser address bar.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/08482.html

Although this is set on the page for Malaga there is a search box at the top of the page in which you can type the name of whichever town or city you are interested in.
    All good fun even if we can only watch our dream destinatin on the TV.

Jan at PainSupport

annie
    Participant

thanks for info. alistair – sorry that i thought you were a stranger in these parts!! i have felt more energetic these last few days – the pressure has come down a bit, the temp up and the sun out – but don’t know how much humidity – but it hasn’t rained for a few days. so does this fit the pattern? or is it just seeing the sun again?!! annie

Anonymous
    Inactive

II understand about atmospheric pressures and feel that theyapply to my RA but does any one else suffer electric shocks when shutting the car door just prior to a flare?

annie
    Participant

yes, i get shocks when shutting car door – will have to see if it connects with bad time – hadn’t given it a thought until now – interesting! annie

Jan
    Participant

There’s a gadget on this website to prevent these sort of shocks – they aren’t uncommon, it’s a build up of static within you, some people are more prone to it than others apparently:

http://www.nomoreshocking.com/Int/Inghilterra/home_gb.htm

annie
    Participant

thanks jan, will look it out – will stop me being wimpy when approaching the car! annie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its almost 12 midnight..another agonizing day with unbearable pain. I have fibro and rsd. The day started of warm sunny and beutiful..but my body was screaming in agonizing pain..same the day before also. Late afternoon..here comes rain. Yes my body knows. I used to love weather changes..I still love the fresh smell of the air after the rain..but anymore I fear weather change. It means unbearable agony for me again. I suffer alone. Still trying to see a glimer of hope..yet feeling hopeless.
    Here I am..and welcome anyone who cares to share with me.
    T

Lil
    Participant

Its now 6 in the morning and yep another night of no sleep at all, Im exhausted and body is on automatic, but not working properly at all. I dont know how to get myself back to some sort of normal sleep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

LIL …try drinkin some chamomille tea…that seems to help..vit B complex helps ease anxiety. When all else fails like tonight its called Ambien..(sleeping tablet) Sleep is the best restorative ever to the body..so hope you find these things useful.
    T

nicky
    Participant

Hi All
    I live in Cape Town in sunny South Africa, and find that the weather makes absolutely no difference to my pain levels.I’ve suffered with chronic pain for 20 years now, and have often had people asking me if the weather affects my pain.
    I’ve lived in Cape Town, which is at sea level, and in Johannesburg which is inland, and there has been no difference in my pain levels.
    Unfortunately for us, wherever we go, our pain goes with us.

Best wishes to you all.
    Nicky

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.