Reiki

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone ever herd or tried Reiki, its off hands healing.

I’m quite skeptical. I was in a lot of pain at work on friday, and one of my collegues offered to do some reiki.

The pain did ease after about 10mins, but i dunno if that was because i had taken ibroprufen an hr before hand,i was concentrating on getting rid of the pain, it just decided to ease as i was resting or the reiki. He offered meto go hme with him a couple of times next week sa his wife is a master in reiki and “has more power in her hands”. I’m very skeptical, and f i ot believe i doubt it would work?!

any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found a webpage giving more info for those who have never heard of it ( i hadnt until firday).

http://reiki.7gen.com/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Janice,
    Yes i have had Reiki treatment but it did nthing for me whatsoever.A friend of mine treated me to it and i went for 4 sessions at £25 each time.
    While your having the treatment they work on your feet and must admit you do relax, but it is not a cure.Personally i would
    not spend money on this ;but of course it is up to each individual and i think we are exploited in more ways than one
    However Janice your decision;but you are as well listening to some relaxing music.
    Hope i have’nt disappointed you.
    Keep smiling,
    Baron..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well it was offered to me free of charge. but im very skeptical, and my mind wouldnt be in it therefre i would think it wouldnt work?!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I have heard of reiki.

It really helps me.. but it’s like a lot of things. If you don’t get on with the person giving the treatment or you are not fully relaxed it will not work fully.

There are 3 levels of reiki certification in this country. I am level 1 which allows you to heal yourself, level 2 teaches you distance healing so you can send healing thoughts and reiki to others and level 3 is reiki master. You can fully heal and distance heal and it’s very powerful.

Don’t be sceptical, it does work. But you have to have an open mind and have faith.

I was sceptical when I first went 2 years ago. I was in major pain, walked with difficulty with a stick and was on loads of meds. With my 1st treatment I had 3 completely pain free days and managed to walk around our town centre for 2 hours with no stick… wow!!!!

After that I became a level 1 and can now heal myself. I do it every day but I do still visit a master as they are more powerful, so when I have a lot on (weddings, family do’s etc) I go to get that extra pain barrier.

Do keep trying with it.. it’s a wonderful aid and it’s better than using chemicals in your body (my view anyway!)…

Good luck with it..

Maxine

Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot to say – that they work on your whole body… it’s from the head to the toe to cleanse and remove the deep down impurities that block the chakra’s and block the energy moving through your body. As the energy moves it removes the pain from the areas and is then removed from your body by the master and their spirit aids…

I don’t know what you had done when you went Baron, but I have never known them to just work on one area, such as your feet.. it’s a whole body thing….

I know it sounds far fetched but it is used a lot in the east.. in Japan and other countries where they swear by it. In europe we are more prone to put our belief in medications and not holisitic approachs… it started in Buddist circles and I use in it conjunction with meditation so I am calm and clear when I do it…

I really urge people to try it.. it has changed my life and I am in debt to my master!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes it does work I am a Reiki practioner living and practising in Surrey I am Stage 2 and practice on others different people feel different with Reiki but I have never had any complaints. Most people say they feel relaxed and pain free after a session

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know it works while you are having the treatment and for a short while after, but is there any research done to find out if it actually makes someone better overall? Or is it something you have to keep having (and paying for)?

Lots of therapies seem to be like this, aromatherapy and massage – nice while they last but the nice effect has soon gone.
    Gerry

Diana
    Participant

If it’s offered for free why not try it- it can’t harm you. Even if all you get from it is relaxation, surely that in itself is a good thing and helps you to cope with the pain better. Acupuncture does nothing for my present problem- the pain is still as bad but afterwards I feel I can take on ethe world.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Diane
    I am a Reiki therapist and like yourself was very sceptical when I first experienced it 5 yrs ago. IT does work give it a try I give it often to people with cancer and pain they always come back each week for more.You cant lose anything by trying it. It is hands on healing but uses the earths energies. Its is worth a session or two Mary

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Janice
    I was hoping that I could read some feedback on your Reiki experience as I’m thinking about giving it a try and, like you, I am kind of skeptical because it’s all hands free.Here in Vancouver Reiki has been included in quite a few Doctor’s surgeries that embrace the Holistic or Body/ Mind approach to healing. I agree with Diana in that if it was free, why not? I know I am being very selfish and I apologize, but I was hoping to get the thoughts of someone who was fresh out of their first visit.
    I have tried Therapeutic Touch at the Cancer Agency and have had three sessions already, a treatment that sounds, in many ways, like Reiki but only in the spiritual nature of the healing as there is hands on in Therapeutic Touch. My resistance to giving this a try was that having been through so many different doctors, drugs, treatments and surgeries, I had become skeptical of any different approaches to pain relief.
    I went to Therapeutic Touch for the first time with ‘No’ expectations but with a slight crack in the shell that has become me. I took the approach that if they’re not pounding, stretching or twisting my body parts and asking such searching questions as ‘does that hurt’, it was worth a try. And so I went with the best open mind I could produce on the day. I wrote about the first session and posted it straight away because I was so excited about what had just taken place.
    I have been back two more times and although I was dissapointed the second time, the third was another great session. I am sure that the only reason the second visit became a dissapointment was because I saw a different practitioner and immediately closed my mind to the possibilities.That became a huge lesson in how I easy it is to sabotage any future healing by merely closing my mind.
    I went into the third session exactly the same as the first and left that crack in my shell open to recieve whatever healing was floating around. Im going back for the fourth treatment next week and hope that I can go with a completely open mind as I am not the same skeptical person that I was before.
    What I have learned so far is that I am now in a different relationship with my pain and although the pain is still there, it doesn’t always hurt as much or in the same way, and still trying to understand how it happened.
    My prayer for the day is pleasant thoughts for one and all.

Mick

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too am a sceptic in respect of Reiki and other alternatives but my wife is a Reiki Master and I have level 2. For me it is a question of horses for courses – it suits some and not others – just like so many f these theraapies. An experienced practitioner will probably have developed other therapies also and I have seen many people bebefit from the treatments. I think that for long term benefit a person has to take on responsibility themselves possibly even taking the first reiki level so that they can self treat. My wife had ME for many years – heading towards a wheelchair case – and credits Reiki with starting her on a path which led to complete recovery – slowly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just received my first Reiki treatment this morning. I went with open mind, but with hope that it would help. I really found it very relaxing and came out pretty pain free. I am having problems with neck and shoulder pains and had slept awkwardly on it this weekend, so was in more pain that usual. It was so relaxing too, so that can’t be bad. I would definitely go again. I am going to look into taking classes for it too. Anything without side effects is most welcome as far as I am concerned. All they asked for was a £3.00 donation for this treatment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Janice: I have had and am/was VERY close to a Reiki Practioner and actually got my Level 1 from her (it’s the ability to practice Reiki on myself and my family, dogs, cat, etc., but not for money). Anyway, after my first blood clot (Deep Vein Thrombosis – a blood clot that took up my entire ‘Deep Vein’ or kinda main artery, from my pelvis to my foot. Talk about painful! She was able to relieve some of the pain and help blood pass through, however, it was so severe I still have some ‘leftover’ blood clot 5 years later and 2 more blood clots!. They are very soft healing people and you can, if you know a very good Reiki practioner, feel the electricity almost pass from their hands through you (your hands for skeptics) and it does help. Best of Luck and open yourself up to the Universe and what it can hold for all of us. By the way, what time is 11 GMT in the US??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Janice: I did leave off of my post that Charlotte was a level 3 Reiki Practioner and she also could call me on the phone if I could not make it to her office and she would ‘work on me’ while on the phone – the ability to heal across lines. If you would like to see more material on it, I’d be happy to refer you to her site or just search “reiki teachings” in your search engine and there is a school in the US (I don’t remember which state) but they have an enormous amount of information on the topic since they do teach it. Good Luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.