Palexia “wonder drug”

Home Forums General Palexia “wonder drug”

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  PaulT_99 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

picton
    Participant

Hope things go OK… my move from Tramadol has been a very stressful experience… even now, I am still not 100% sorted due to problems getting repeats filled – I am getting “too soon” thrown back at me, when it isn’t! (Spoke to GP this morning,and HOPING I will not have problems when I submit a repeat for my prescription… we will see later when I call in!).

The one potential benefit I can see with Palexia is the absence of withdrawal when moving from Tramadol – just it did very little for me, so I barely got to put that to the test. Certainly there were a few rough times when I moved to other opiates, and even now I am wondering how long I am going to last on such a relatively low dose of BuTrans, as it is much lower than the dose of Fentanyl/Oxycodone I needed when I was on those!

Anonymous

I’m currently not on tramadol, just big doses of paracetamol so hoping there won’t be any transition problems if I can get on to this new medication

picton
    Participant

If you have been on a lot of paracetamol… my tip is get OFF it: soon-as!

My liver enzymes were not good, and stayed that way for about 4 years after I stopped… the odd one is hard enough, but 4g per day doesn’t do a lot of good, and it’s well documented 🙁

picton
    Participant

I meant to add…. there are some supplements which might be a good idea to research if you take a lot of Paracetamol…. commonest ones mentioned are N-acetyl cysteine, and Milk thistle, but there are others, although I have no personal experience, just years of worrying out-of-range ALT and AST on blood tests!

Steph
    Participant

Alastair, the reason you have probably been denied Palexia, is because it is hugely expensive. I think one box was over £70 when I was prescribed it! Luckily my GP is very good about trying things, and having had the suggestion from my consultant in London whos a Neurology expert, he wasn’t going to disagree.

Its worth trying to see if you could try it at least for a month, but personally I really didnt find it of any benefit whatsoever, it was like I had been put on sugar pills in some sort of placebo drug trial. An awful, cruel time it was and couldnt wait to get back on tramadol which is my staple diet! Good luck, Steph

Anonymous

Well met with Dr — tonight and he has authorised the dispensing to my GP od Palexia . It a divalent painkilling drug with less side effects than tramadol which is a trivalent drug with more side effects and stronger

picton
    Participant

Well, I must admit that it would be hard to have MORE side effects than Tramadol… in part due to it’s CYP450 interactions, and bearing in mind it’s relatively feeble positive effects.

How it ever got it’s “less addictive/fewer side effects” reputation is a mystery to me – “creative” drug testing phase and fantastically good marketing I suspect!

Glad to be shot of it!

Hope Palexia works out better for you than it did for me.

Anonymous

I started it today will let you know how it goes

Anonymous

I have been on this now for a week , and I started on 50 mg and shifted it up to 100 mg and it’s absolutely fantastic. I think I need to just go up another 50 mg and that should do the trick, no side-effects, and I’m so grateful to this board for the information. I think if tramadol affects you this is going to work and I think if this doesn’t work then tramadol will work for you. I’m an enthusiast of palexia now
    thank you members
    best,
    Alastair 🙂

Mrs Hurtyback
    Participant

I am so glad to hear that the Palexia is working for you 🙂

picton
    Participant

Glad it’s of help.. again confirming that the individual response to drugs never ends!

Anonymous

4 weeks on I’ve had to give this drug up, too much constipation and had to switch on to something else. It never really did get to the bottom of my pain

picton
    Participant

Afraid that’s what I found, only it was very quickly apparent… I was popping Oxycodone at the same time, and to be honest, I would have been as good on JUST that amount of Oxy! (not that I am a fan of Oxy!)

Anonymous

Hi all I haven’t posted for awhile but saw this thread. I asked my GP about palexia as the tramadol at highest dose was not giving me overall pain relief. He happily prescribed it to me and put me on 250mg prolonged release. I take one every 12hrs and have been on it for 5wks now. It is the best even pain relief I have had so far and no side effects except the normal extra tiredness at first. I have even cut down the paracetamol from 8 to just 4 a day. So for me this has worked very well so maybe starting on the highest dose is what makes it work. I hope everyone is doing as well as they can, all the best Tony.

Marina
    Participant

I have been taking Palexia for 5 months now and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. I have lived with the chronic pain of Fibromyalgia for a long time and every day was a struggle. Now I am actually living a life again. I take slow release during the day, instant Palexia pain relief for the early evening as this is always a bad time for me and then slow release Palexia again at night. I know that there would be side effects if I stopped taking them but as I see it why stop and only have half a life? Palexia have given me a pain free life and it is wonderful. Only someone who lives each day in pain could understand why the worry of addiction does not even enter the equation. Palexia gives me a pain free life and it is wonderful

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.