severe piriformis pain

Home Forums General severe piriformis pain

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

JannyK
    Participant

Hi Hollie – Really interested to read your posts – i’m new to the site and desperate to try and find a solution to the pain i get. I’ve got DDD with prolapsed discs at L4/5, L5/S1 and also get trochanteric bursitis but my main problem is with sitting and i’m convinced that there is a problem with my sacroiliac joints – the one physio i’ve seen agrees but the consultant wants to resolve any problem with vertebrae first. I’ve not long had CT and another mri to look at facet joints – awaiting follow up but it isn’t until July 4th! I use a TENS machine which helps if pain is bad but after a while justs irritates. I see you live in same town as me – good to know there’s a fellow sufferer close by! Which hospital to you go to? I’m at Royal Orthopaedic in Birmingham – very good but everything seems to take so long unless an absolute emergency.
    Hope your ATOS medical was ok – i’m trying to fill forms in at the moment! Take care

hottieas69
    Participant

Hey there Janny 🙂

Thanks for your post…and I hope ur having a good pain day!
    I’m sorry to hear that you have such great problems with your back, and I hope you get some answer when you see the dr…but not till 4th july? can you not ring and ask the secretary to bring it forward…?
    My consultant and his secretary are amazing to me, they always call me with cancellations hence me getting my SI injections so soon. I am seen within the dudley group of hospitals
    I also have 2 amazing pain clinic nurses which are always at the end of the phone…to calm me down and give me other ideas for pain relief 🙂 pain killers have never given me good enough pain relief and I spend most of my days on my right hip with my heat mat wrapped round my left side (bad side)
    As for my tens its always agrevated me but as my pain nurse said jus keep trying it!!
    Atos dr today was quite abrupt, not rude just sharp… I dont think they liked the fact I told them I couldnt sit and asked to lie on the bed…think they thought I made the place look untidy… any one who knows me…knows I DO NOT SIT!! lol 🙂
    I hope all goes well for you 🙂
    thank you for getting in touch neighbour lol 🙂 xoxo

Paul
    Participant

Has anyone had piriformis release surgery or know where to get it in uk ..been in horrendous burning in buttock and nerve pain down left side ..diagnosed piriformis syndrome but injections not helped

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.