Sacroiliac fusion in GB – Part 1

Home Forums General Sacroiliac fusion in GB – Part 1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Helena44
    Participant

Hello all am finally having the operation done! SI-BONE iFuse which I’m so happy about. Late May. What a relief! Just so pleased something can be done after all this time!

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

That’s terrific news. You must be very relieved. I hope all goes well for you and the operation is a great success.

kitty
    Participant

Hi Helena, glad to hear that you are getting somewhere! After MUCH research and consideration I decided to have the new DIANA procedure, and I’m very happy I did. It has helped me soooo much. I have just had my 1 year post-op anniversary 🙂 Out of interest, why did you/your surgeon decide on iFuse? Have you looked at the SI joint page on FB, there are very many people there who have had SI surgery- loads of them have had iFuse. I wish you all the very best!

Helena44
    Participant

Hi Kitty, so please you are a year down the line and pain free! I don’t want to get my hopes up but I’m very excited! My surgeon just stated that in his opinion, this was the safest and has produced the best results. But I’m sure they are all equal and work well for different people etc. I have looked at the FB page and have been doing lots of research too to help me understand the ins and the outs. Are you conscious of your fusion at all now or does it just feel like normal?

Thanks

kitty
    Participant

It feels exactly the same- you definitely shouldn’t be able to feel it. Good luck!

Steffiegirl
    Participant

Today’s the day (30.04.14) for my DIANA sacroiliac joint fusion at 12.00. I guess it might be a weird thing to say but I’m looking forward to it. I want this pain GONE.
    Although I’m not looking forward to the 6 or more weeks hobbling about.

So over and out for now and I’ll let you know. 🙂

Helena44
    Participant

Good luck !!! Fingers crossed and let us know how it went!

Eva
    Participant

Steffiegirl

I have been thinking of you today. I do hope that all went well this morning and that the outcome will be as good as Kitty’s and mine.

All the best.

Eva

Rob C
    Participant

I have lower back problems which have become worse over the last year and a half. An MRI showed that I had a small central disc bulge which in itself doesnt appear to cause me any pain. However from the SI Joint across the top of my buttock, evenly on both sides I have constant pain. I was wondering if any of you recognise that symptom and how an SI problem got diagnosed as I have never had it checked or queried….yet at the same time it cannot be stretched or mobilised.

Eva
    Participant

Hello Rob C

My sacroiliac instability was diagnosed by a CT scan. The scan showed a very worn joint and inflammation. The pain was mainly in the SI joint, in the buttock on that side, in the groin and sciatica in the right leg. I could feel the joint moving out of position whenever I moved.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steffiegirl
    Participant

Hi all,

Everything went really well and of course I am now home. Im aching tho on my right side and can’t sit in the same position for very long. Is that normal ? I know I have to take it easy but it’s so frustrating watching my husband do stuff arrrrr…..

kitty
    Participant

Glad things seem to be going well..and don’t worr,y what you are experiencing is entirely normal. I take it you are using crutches?
    Just be very careful…I know this is classed as ‘minimally invasive’ surgery, but the recovery isn’t minimal!! It takes quite a while…look after your body… Good Luck!

kitty
    Participant

Ooops, forgot to ask…. how much weight are you allowed to put on your operated side? Be careful not to overdo it!!

Steffiegirl
    Participant

Hi Kitty,

Not sure how much weight I should use on the operated side. I just swap sides all the time. Of course I’m still sore and also feel a bit sick (probably because my stomach doesn’t like pain killers) using ice packs as well.
    Im making myself a countdown calendar so I can cross each day off (nice brightly coloured one) for the 6 weeks at least.
    Such is life, recovery takes time…

Barb

kitty
    Participant

Barb, did your doctor not tell you about weight bearing? Everybody I know/have heard of who has had SI joints fused, by whatever method, has been on restricted weight bearing for 6 weeks minimum. Can you call your surgeon to ask?
    I was told 30%weight bearing max for 8 weeks- hence the crutches, of course. You have got crutches?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.