Reply To: Spinal Cord Stimulator – Part 8

Liz
Participant

Hi Rob – thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I nearly emailed you before posting!!

It isn’t the path of the leads (they are on the left & I can feel them & the connections at times) but this is the other side to where the leads are tunnelled. I have a ‘sore’ area at the level where the leads would enter, where they would have done the laminectomy. Then occasionally, when I have been sitting or stuck in the same position for a while, I get a horrible ache/pain round my right side that then goes under my ribs. It doesn’t shoot but burns & feels tender…..my thoughts are could it be scar tissue pressing on something, could it be that I am stimulating a nerve root in error or is it a problem totally unrelated!!!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH. I have turned the stim down, fiddled with the programs & it helps for abit but it then creeps back. I can’t do without it as my leg pain rears it’s head fairly quickly. The last thing I want is any fiddling but I think I am going to have to go back & discuss it with them. How can they see ‘leaking’ from the leads, on xray?
Will let you know how things go. How is stuff with you at the mo?
Thanks again Liz x