Reply To: Denervation, painful?

Jivebiker
Participant

Hi Mrs H,
As to therapeutic options, well over the years…
Physiotherapy, pilates, acupuncture, osteopathic & chiropractic, massage, cranial massage, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, homeopathic remedies, facet joint injections, facet joint denervation.
As far as I am aware I have tried all the remedies available for my pain. However the pensions people want proof that my condition will more than likely be permanent…. how can anyone prove that?
I am awaiting a letter from my consultant explaining my situation more exactly.

What is very annoying is that the Occupational Health doctor making the decision on behalf of the pensions people hasn’t even met me, and he has overturned the decision of the OH doctor I did see, who agreed that my condition was getting worse and would not likely improve before normal retirement age. I’m sure that should constitute some sort of malpractice. The company sites his greater experience as a reason he is able to overturn the decision of the doctor who interviewed me. There is also a slight conflict as these doctors are working for the pensions provider, so it is in their interest to decided against my favour, thus saving the pensions from paying out. I am looking into getting an independent assessment.
There are still areas of appeal left to me tho, so it ain’t over yet.