Volunteers required for study to evaluate movement in low back pain

Home Forums General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable) Volunteers required for study to evaluate movement in low back pain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Study to evaluate movement in low back pain

Can you attend University College London, Gower Street, London?
    £30 expenses paid.

More information here:
    http://www.emo-pain.ac.uk/getInvolved.html

Please email Aneesha Singh to take part in the study:
    aneesha.singh.10@ucl.ac.uk

Fritz
    Participant

I volunteered, it’s just round the corner from where I’m about to lose my job!

Well done. Let us know how you get on.
    Jan at PainSupport

Fritz
    Participant

Did it.

They asked about my pain levels and then I had to sit and stand six times while techie machines recorded my movement.

They are researching ‘tell tale’ body movements that indicate low back pain and dysfunction.

Sounds interesting.

Steve

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Thank you for posting back about this. Will you get the results of the study in due course? I expect the machines show up twisting of the back, hesitation and such things. Did they tell you what they were expecting to find?

Fritz
    Participant

They didn’t want to influence me in any way, so they just told me to sit and stand from a plastic chair that didn’t have any arms. I noticed that I would push down on my thighs with my hands as I stood up to help with the load on my lower back. So if that action is seen in other subjects, that would become a ‘tell tale’ sign I suppose.

They also asked about pain levels and anxiety levels during the movement. I could feel myself physically and mentally preparing for the movement each time. They were very nice people and seemed determined that their research would serve to help the patients and physicians treating them.

Would definitely volunteer for this sort of thing again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.