Volunteers needed for research on opiods, eg morphine, codeine, etc.

Home Forums General Volunteers needed for research on opiods, eg morphine, codeine, etc.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  e.wersocki 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

I have given permission for this request to be posted on the forum:
    Jan at PainSupport

===============================================

Dear All,

I am a GP undertaking a PhD at Keele University. I am looking for women aged 18-45 years old with painful conditions, who would like to help with a research project. I am looking at the side effects of opioid pain killers (such as codeine and morphine). I need your help to develop a postal survey.
    You will be an advisor not a research participant If you choose to help you will help make the research more relevant. Involvement will include providing opinions on the research and the survey. Contact will be via email, a closed Facebook group, skype or a combination of these depending on you. If you are interested in helping or would like more information please contact me via email at e.wersocki@keele.ac.uk.
    I look forward to hearing from you,

Emily Wersocki

Di
    Participant

Have contacted. I wonder why the request is only for women.

e.wersocki
    Participant

Hi Di,

The reason that we want women only is because the area we are researching has been looked into in men but not in women. It is not that men aren’t important but we want to get the people who may be directly affected by any results involved during the planning stage so that it can be as relevant as possible.

Thanks for your interest in the project,

Emily

Di
    Participant

Now that i know what the research covers that makes sense. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of any help because it’s a very important area to many people.

anniekat
    Participant

I wonder why the age limit?

e.wersocki
    Participant

Hi Anniekat,

The reason for the age limit is because we want to investigate side effects in women of child bearing age. The age of 45 was used as the cut off as this is the age when on average hormones start to alter in the lead up to the menopause.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Thanks for replying,

Emily

e.wersocki
    Participant

Is there anyone who would be interested in helping out?

e.wersocki
    Participant

Anyone else out there who would be interested in helping with my research? I have had some really useful input so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.