SCS BLOG by PainSupport member Claire

Home Forums General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable) SCS BLOG by PainSupport member Claire

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

SCS BLOG by PainSupport member Claire

Claire says she is currently undergoing a spinal cord stimulator trial (SCS) through the pain unit at St Thomas’. Her son set up a blog for her to record her experiences – on the trial and living with chronic pain.

Claire has asked me to put a link to the blog on to the PainSupport website in the hope of helping someone else going through the same.

The link is https://painpalsblog.wordpress.com/

Claire Saul
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I’m nearing the end of my trial now and am keeping my fingers crossed that the hospital agrees to go ahead with the full implant. I have an outpatient appointment tomorrow and will have surgery to either implant the full device or to remove the electrodes on Thursday or Friday.
    I will continue to write the blog and hope that it may be of value to some of you. Please do get in touch via this site or leave a message on the blog and I will get back to you for a chat!
    Claire

Navchic
    Participant

I’m really enjoying reading Claire’s Blog – it’s so honest but written with great thought and humour. It reminds me of where I’ve been and how far I’ve come since my SCS surgery.
    Well worth a read, especially if you’re contemplating SCS – any type. Claire has a different SCS to me, but her recovery appears to follow my own path. Hope it all goes well for you Claire, I’m sure the blog will help others – wish I’d had the foresight to do something like that!
    T 🙂

Antonia
    Participant

HI Claire

I’ve have enjoyed reading your Blog and having been through an unsuccessful SCS trial myself which only seem to increase my pain, have been willing it to work for you as I know how much (although we pretend differently) the thought of decreased pain means to us pain pals and how much our hopes are raised!

Anyway, just wanted to say I hope you are OK as I see you haven’t updated your Blog for a while. Hopefully this is because you are out and about enjoying yourself!!

Take care

Jan x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.