mindfulness to help with pain

Home Forums General mindfulness to help with pain

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieD 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee – I saw your post on another link about having finished your course, would be really interested to hear your feedback on this – so putting this on your original link – hope you’re keeping well? best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi AnnieD, Hope you are are keeping well, I’m Ok thankyou. The course was interesting, at first I thought it a bit weird and hippy dippy and thought this isn’t for me but stuck it out. by week 3 it started to get in depth and the small group started to know each other and we started to help each other with the help of teacher. we started to all interact well as a group about our problems and how each of us thought and dealt with them. with mindfullness we came to learn through the meditations more about ourselves and how we reacted to difficult and stressfull situations as individuals. and to think about dealing with them without being on auto pilot reactions to them, and the consequences of them IE secondary pain to ourselves and causing pain to others its the way we react determings the way others react to you. although we meditate there is different processes like one for stressful situations,mindful movement stretch and breath,body scan, working with diffulculties,breathing space (regular and responsive) ect. I have tried them all, but there is only about 4 types that i do regular and use my art as well in combination.the others are not for me. i’ve found that I dont get so annoyed with myself and stressed out and angry with others like I used to and learnt to step back and think before reacting and answering. I used to be like that anyway but somewhere along the way i lost it but getting it back now. think its the constant pain i’m in is part of the problem and now excepting it more. its always there but you got to try and be nice to to yourself and stop blaming yourself and others and taking it out on others its not your fault or theres. through meditation i found i can think and see more clearly and deal with situations a lot better without being aggressive and in a haze. still happens ocassionly but nowhere near as bad as it was.I did do CBT 1-1 then went straight into mindfulness, and in a lot better place than I was a year ago when I first went to CBT. This is only a fraction Of what went on there’s loads more. but its an individual thing and you take out what works for you. it’s just practice most days if you can every day the more you do it the better you become. it was very helpful for me and it works. just had to keep an open mind to it all they also gave me 4 disks with guidence through your meditation, some times i can do it without the disk.all in all yes good. I would recommend it for Pain/depression. its a change with what you think and how you deal with stressful days and difficult situations while in depression and constant pain. you cant make the pain go away but its lifting me out of the depression which was my goal. Hope this Helps you and Others about CBT and mindfulness. Take Care Annie and Best Wishes. Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Lee – yes am trolling along, and thank you for providing the detailed feedback – that’s really fantastic news and great that you kept going!! I’m still on focus on the breath, so might have to do some more research. Plus sometimes it’s hard to not get a bit grumpy, as the saying goes it’s ok if you fall down and lose your spark, just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire – take care & best wishes too AnnieD

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.