Is this Adhesions?

Home Forums General Is this Adhesions?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tigger2409 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Tigger2409
    Participant

Has anyone had this similar pain? Pain is so hard to describe, but because various tests have come back ok, consultant says I may have adhesions, but nothing has been clarified as they have not investigated. I have a C-section scar from 23 years ago. The pain is above my pubic bone internally through to my vaginal area. Its a pulling, dragging pain, sharp at times, that’s the only way I can describe it. No pain- killers help. I’ve tried gabapentin and am now on amitriptyline and have just started pregabalin. I’ve had this pain continually for 6 months now, and its really getting me down. Thank u in advance for any advice xx

Di
    Participant

I have severe abdominal adhesions. It all depends on just where they are. The surgeon attached my bladder to my spinal ligaments to avoid a prolapse but scar tissue formed and stuck to the bowel so any increase in bowel size rips on my spinal ligaments. It’s tearing burning pain. They are also wrapped round my colon on eh left side causing a partial blockage but hat’s a different pain, sharp and deep. There is no cure for adhesions. Any surgery to remove hem simply causes more. YOu are lucky someone has actually suggested adhesions because most doctors either deny their existence or insist hey cannot cause pain. Of course they can cause pain if the stick to nerves. I take oxynorm which helps somewhat but not completely. A TENS machine over he area used to do more but I can’t use it now. Treatment on myofascial release can help if done by a very gentle osteopath.

Tigger2409
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Di. I am very nervous at the thought of having a laparoscopy eventually as I know that the adhesions can come back. But when my pain is really bad and my mood low, I relish the thought of it. I hope things are fairly good with you at the moment. Take care x

Rose
    Participant

I have finally come to the conclusion that some of my pain must be Adhesions. Not that any medic has mentioned it. I also know some of the pain is forceps damage and some is my coccyx being pulled out of alignment by the surgeon who operated on me for Anterior and posterior repair. I have had a diagnosis for pudendal neuropathy and recently I also get that coming into my vagina as a sharp pain but thankfully at the present time only occasionally and lasting about 18 hours. I have had the bowel sitting area pain for about 20 years and in the last few years it has got worse, so I have been on the search for pain relief with as yet no success. All the ones I have tried so far not only don’t work but upset my prolapses and or make pain worse. I can’t remember all the names but here are a few not in any order. fentanyl patch, OxyContin, lyrica, Amitriptyline, Valium, Norotriptilene . All this takes time waiting for appointments to report back before trying another variety of pill. Any pulling sensations down below are for me the prolapses, and this is usually the uterus.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Rose. Reason: Adding a word

Di
    Participant

If you get pudendal neuralgia, avoid sitting on hard chairs at all costs. Make yourself a foam cushion with a gap in the middle and take it everywhere with you.

Rose
    Participant

I have about 10 cushions, all of the tempur type. No holes for me as it is a no no with 3 prolapses. Life would be very depressing and unbearable. I take 3 cushions everywhere I go. I have had special covers made for most of them and 2 of them have shoulder straps so that they look and wear like Pac a sacks and some of my others have cross body straps sewn into the covers. Hard work carryng them but needs must on occasions. Most times someone is with me to carry a couple of them. Other times I have the car close by so I can sit down.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Rose.

Tigger2409
    Participant

Thank u for all your replies, I hope you all have a fairly pain-free weekend xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.