Increased levels of pain

Home Forums General Increased levels of pain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Claire 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Claire
    Participant

Hi all I haven’t been on here for quite a while as I have felt either in control of my pain or in hospital, three times this last 12 months. Last March I had a car accident, a car drove into the back of mine and since then My levels of pain have gone through the roof. Ive had so many different treatments to get under control including epidurals, bilateral sacroiliac injections, denervations, trigger point injections and most recently lidocaine infusion. Nothing has changed and my pain levels seem to growing by the day. Im now taking MST, tramadol, diclofenac and amitriptyline, lidocaine patches, capsicain cream. I can’t tolerate gabapentin or pregabalin, I have horrible side effects. Ive now been diagnosed with fibromyalgia alongside osteoarthritis and nerve damage from spine op. Ive been unable to work for a week and staying in the house all the time is driving me mad but it just hurts too much to ride in the car or walk anywhere. I have a very supportive husband who does everything I ask him to but I feel like Im making him miserable too. I just needed a moan and I know that you lot understand exactly where Im coming from.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Claire.

Hope
    Participant

Hi Clair
    I too have arthritis, fibromyalgia and nerve damage in my spine. On top of this
    I also have diverticula disease and interstitial cystitis which are both extremely painful
    illnesses. I have been hospitalised 12 times in 2 years.
    I find riding in the car excruciating at times. Sorry I can’t be any help, I just wanted you to know
    you are not alone in your pain. You will come to accept it in time and hopefully find ways to
    live with it. I find my electric blanket a great comfort and ice packs on back soothing.

Hope x

Claire
    Participant

Thank you Hope I appreciate your message a lot. Ive been like this for 30 years but the accident has made it much worse. To a large extent I have accepted it but generally it isn’t so out of control

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.